Actress Amanda Redman, who suffered a scalding
accident as a teenager, was also in the Commons for the launch.
Allan Wood, British Gas safety expert, said the survey showed a serious potential, for scalding
The Government's own figures show that more than 600 people are seriously injured by scalding
each year and almost 450 of these cases involve children under the age of four.
The 25-year-old was treated at hospital for scalding
to his cheek after the incident on Sunday but was otherwise unhurt.
The charge said he caused her head and limbs to be immersed in scalding
water to her severe injury, permanent disfigurement and the danger of her life in May 2001, in a flat in Govanhill, Glasgow Brian McConnachie, prosecuting, said the pattern of burns suggested Smith had held the baby by the pelvic area as he dropped her into the bath head down so her arms entered the water first.
The judge said that people who buy coffee or tea know it is hot and can cause 'a nasty scalding
injury if it spilled on someone'.
BOMB plotter Omar Khyam yesterday denied scalding
a fellow inmate to get a transfer from a high-security jail.
His wife Dawn had forced him to scald his own genitals, threw scalding
water over him from a kettle and beat him with a stick and umbrella.
A frail old man was fighting for life last night after being lowered into a bath of scalding
hot water by a nurse.
Life-termer Omar Khyam, 25, allegedly doused armed robber Malcolm Cruddas with hot fat, severely scalding
his head and upper body.
A young mother who threw scalding
water over a love rival after she was sexually taunted has been jailed for a year.
A girl of four was deliberately plunged into a bath of scalding
water, two forensic experts said yesterday.
liquid soaked through her heavy fleece trousers and woollen sweater, which burned into her skin.
They deny imprisoning the woman in a cupboard, assaulting her, stabbing her, scalding
her with boiling water, setting fire to her hair, burning her with cigarette ends and forcing her to drink urine.
TWENTY children every year die from scalding
injuries because parents do not check if the bath water is too hot, a report will warn this week.