References in classic literature ?
When morning came and a dim light pervaded the lair, he again sought after the source of the remotely familiar sounds.
He would sit quietly, with a gentle pleasure gleaming over his face, brighter now, and now a little dimmer, as the song happened to float near him, or was more remotely heard.
Huck jumped for a hiding-place, for he had no mind to be connected even remotely with the late event.
Military officers destitute of military knowledge; naval officers with no idea of a ship; civil officers without a notion of affairs; brazen ecclesiastics, of the worst world worldly, with sensual eyes, loose tongues, and looser lives; all totally unfit for their several callings, all lying horribly in pretending to belong to them, but all nearly or remotely of the order of Monseigneur, and therefore foisted on all public employments from which anything was to be got; these were to be told off by the score and the score.
The lad was too thirsty by now to cavil at anything even remotely resembling water, so he drank his fill while Akut stood with raised head, alert for any danger.
Any thing even remotely resembling that expression I had never seen before.
That I ever shall see her again seems but remotely possible, for how may I know upon what part of Pellucidar my return journey may terminate--and how, without a north or south or an east or a west may I hope ever to find my way across that vast world to the tiny spot where my lost love lies grieving for me?
To you," he continued, turning to Rokoff, "and this includes your accomplice, I may say that from now on to the end of the voyage I shall take it upon myself to keep an eye on you, and should there chance to come to my notice any act of either one of you that might even remotely annoy this young woman you shall be called to account for it directly to me, nor shall the calling or the accounting be pleasant experiences for either of you.
Cloud-based software, commonly known as software-as-a-service (SaaS) or remotely accessed software, is a software delivery model in which software is hosted on the vendor's servers and accessed, without electronic delivery or download, by customers over the internet.
Regulatory requirements for an important sector of the booming remotely piloted aircraft industry are being eased.
52% of Europeans admit they would access a network insecurely whilst working remotely.
The compact RO-Bug is a remotely operated linear actuator system that integrates a 12 or 24 V dc servo motor with a 12 or 24 V dc amplifier for remotely operated applications.
The AlterPath System also allows administrators to remotely maintain, configure and upgrade IT assets independent of the production network from a single consolidated view, reducing IT operational costs and increasing IT asset and personnel productivity.
The Federal Reserve Board requested public comment on March 1, 2005, on a proposal to amend its Regulation CC (Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks) to set forth rules governing remotely created checks.
Reed spent most of his 52-year career at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center, where he also pioneered the development of research aircraft remotely controlled by pilots on the ground.
Thesaurus browser ?
- remittance man
- remote control
- remote station
- remote terminal
- remote-access data processing
- remote-control bomb
- remoulade sauce
- removable disk
- removal company
- removal firm
- Renaissance man
- renal artery
- renal calculus
Full browser ?
- Remote-control system
- Remote-Control, Remote-Signaling, and Telemetering System
- Remote-Controlled Miniature Aerial Target
- Remote-Controlled Tactical Airborne SIGINT System
- Remote-controlled Undetectable Anti-Personnel mine
- Remote-Controlled Weapon System
- remote-cutoff tube
- remote-entry system
- Remote-Guided Missile
- Remote-Handled Transuranic
- Remote-Handled Transuranic Waste
- Remote-Handled Waste Facility
- remote-indicating compass
- remote-office router
- Remote-queueing Multiple Access
- Remote-Sensing Satellite Ground Station
- Remote/Local Server Agent
- Remote/Redundant Network Interface Unit
- Remoted Target System
- Remotely Accessible Note Taking System
- Remotely Assisted Instructional Learning
- Remotely controlled
- Remotely controlled
- Remotely Controlled Boat
- Remotely Controlled Embedded System
- Remotely Controlled Inspection Vehicle
- Remotely Controlled Transporter
- Remotely controlled vehicle
- Remotely created check
- Remotely created demand draft
- Remotely Delivered Mines
- Remotely Deployed Vehicle
- Remotely Emplaced and Monitored Sensor
- Remotely Employed Sensor
- Remotely Guided Autonomous Lightweight
- Remotely Handled Trans-Uranic Waste
- Remotely Keyed Encryption Protocol
- Remotely Keyed Encryption Scheme
- Remotely Located Unit
- Remotely Manned Vehicle
- Remotely Observed Signatures in the Thermosphere of Explosive Releases
- Remotely Operable Electrical Umbilical
- Remotely Operated Aircraft
- Remotely Operated Diving Vehicles
- Remotely Operated Longwall Face
- Remotely Operated Mobile Excavator
- Remotely Operated Platform for Ocean Science
- Remotely Operated Shutter
- Remotely Operated Special Equipment