moldboard plow


Also found in: Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for moldboard plow

References in periodicals archive ?
Tillage-Fertility: Established in 1940, this experiment is also winter wheat/fallow, but it compares different types of tillage, including moldboard plow, chisel plow, and sweep tillage.
Moldboard plow: Since I've already mentioned it, let's start with the moldboard plow.
According to Figure 1 interaction between the methods of soil and irrigation water are thrown to, with moldboard plow tillage with and once Rotivator and EC reduces the amount of atmospheric water and magnetism was 30.
It's a lot harder to drag a moldboard plow or heavy disk through the soil than to run a lighter piece of equipment over the top," Smart says.
If you own a hill farm and if you're literate enough to read Countryside to begin with, you've already thrown away the moldboard plow that came with the place.
Ground in the spring, with favorable weather and soil, deep tillage with moldboard plow and disk was then ground with a whole stack was scaled Furrower.
From 44 percent to 76 percent of the land had less than 30 percent cover and a moldboard plow was used.
Edwards explains that the growing popularity of no-till and other tillage techniques that eliminate or minimize the use of the old moldboard plow has drastically changed the worm picture in America for the better.
One of the most popular tillage methods is the moldboard plow, which turns the soil deeply and buries weed seeds and residue, the dead stems and leaves of the harvested crop.
Conventional tillage uses a moldboard plow, which inverts the soil and buries about 90 percent of the residues, leaving a mere 10 percent to cover and protect the soil.
Agriculture continues to evolve with changes in technology and consumer demands, Instrumental changes of the past decade include the sharp decrease in the use of moldboard plows, larger horsepower tractors, wider tillage tools, fewer farmers working much larger acreage, a move toward bioengineered crops and growing concerns about global warming.
PRODUCT OVERVIEW II-11 Agricultural Machinery II-11 Tillage Implements II-11 Plows II-11 Types of Plows II-11 Moldboard Plows II-11 Tractor-drawn Plows II-12 Ridging Plows II-12 Rotary Plows II-12 Deep Tillage Implements II-12 Disc Plows II-12 Harrows II-13 Types of Harrows II-13 Mowers II-14 Types of Mowers II-14 Sickle Mowers II-14 Reel Mowers II-14 Rotary Mowers II-14 Flail Mowers II-15 Cultivators II-15 Planters II-15 Farming Practices II-15 Large-Scale, Capital-Intensive Farming II-15 Medium-Scale Farming II-15 Small-Scale Farming II-15
In modern agriculture, it would be a technical challenge or an economic problem [9], research on the effect of tillage systems, conventional tillage (chisel plow) and no tillage on the yield of spring wheat cultivars under rain fall be studied And showed that the average yield in conservation tillage systems, no-tillage and conventional tillage systems was significantly higher than the performance [7], Nyborg & Mallii have reported in their study that store moisture in no-till systems: moldboard plows more [11].
Starting in fiscal 2004, the Company is manufacturing moldboard plows under its own label under a license agreement with CNH.
com) Sales Promo/Mktg Mgr: Bruce Thiele Products: Wil-Rich--field cultivators, planter bars, harrows, row crop cultivators, sprayers, chisel plows, cutter chisels, moldboard plows, rippers, disk harrows, shredder, seedbed finshers, rolling packers, Ad agency: Flint Communications