lockup


Also found in: Dictionary, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for lockup

Synonyms for lockup

jail in a local police station

the act of locking something up to protect it

Synonyms

Related Words

References in periodicals archive ?
Four former and current Texas Juvenile Justice Department guards were arrested Thursday as part of an ongoing investigation into alleged abuse at state-run youth lockups.
target shareholders, who can be hurt if the lockup is
According to Business Insider, Pincus argued that the suit should be waived because he and the Zynga board agreed only to sell 20 percent of their stock holdings, putting the remainder on a lockup agreement that lasted into the summer of 2012.
However, firms need to keep tight control of costs and lockup to ensure that fee income coverts into profits and cash flow remains healthy.
The MDA's Lockup program is a national fundraiser that occurs at various times throughout the year to help fund lifesaving research, a nationwide network of medical clinics and accessible summer camps for those affected by neuromuscular diseases.
The lockup period specified may range from several days to a couple of years, with a mode of 180 days.
According to the report, lockups, which typically last 90 to 180 days, are designed to prevent the market from being swamped with too many of a company's shares immediately after an IPO, as keeping the amount of stock scarce can help boost the price.
The top six M5 stockholders, representing approximately 66 percent of the shares issued in conjunction with the acquisition of M5 Networks (now ShoreTel's cloud division, which offers the ShoreTel Sky solutions), have voluntarily displayed a vote of confidence in ShoreTel's strategic direction after the initial lockup restriction period of six months expired this week.
Facebook's shares have been marking record lows since the first share sale lockup for insiders expired in August amid concern that businesses are spending less to advertise on the world's largest social-networking website.
It's the first in a wave of lockup expirations in the coming months that will quadruple the number of shares that can be traded.
Delphi's IPO prospectus states that all of its existing pre-IPO shareholders agreed to lockup 30% of their ordinary shares for 90 days and the remaining 70% for 180 days and this registration statement will allow them to sell the first 30% of their shares after the lockup period expires on 13 February 2012 and sales begin on 14 February 2012.
No, she aint there for the love ka last chance but to be the "sutradhar" to the celebrity couple, Krushna Abhishek and Kashmira Shah, who are going into the Love Lockup to solve their love issues.
We're looking to create a regional 911 service and possibly share a lockup with Winchendon," the mayor said.
HK) has said that Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) has extended a lockup period on the shares that it owns in the Chinese bank.