References in classic literature ?
Non, non, non, mon cher ami,” returned the Frenchman in a suppressed voice, but speaking rapidly, and gesticulating with his right hand, as if for mercy, while with his left he concealed his eyes.
At first the old lady failed to understand the situation; but, as soon as she saw the croupier raking in her four thousand gulden, together with everything else that happened to be lying on the table, and recognised that the zero which had been so long turning up, and on which we had lost nearly two hundred ten-gulden pieces, had at length, as though of set purpose, made a sudden reappearance--why, the poor old lady fell to cursing it, and to throwing herself about, and wailing and gesticulating at the company at large.
who can those ridiculous beings be, half naked, with their faces painted, shouting and gesticulating to the rabble?
A few moments later he was in our room, still puffing, still gesticulating, but with so fixed a look of grief and despair in his eyes that our smiles were turned in an instant to horror and pity.
But at that moment Miss Lavish and her local-colour box moved also, and disappeared down a side street, both gesticulating largely.
I saw her in the lighted porch; the nigger I saw also, shrugging and gesticulating for all the world like his hateful master; yet giving in, I felt certain, though I could not understand a word that reached me.
A swarm of swarthy, noisy, lying, shoulder-shrugging, gesticulating Portuguese boatmen, with brass rings in their ears and fraud in their hearts, climbed the ship's sides, and various parties of us contracted with them to take us ashore at so much a head, silver coin of any country.
And, in fact, there, two miles from where they were, they saw some thirty wild natives close together, yelling, gesticulating, and cutting all kinds of antics at the foot of the sycamore.
When I left Rome I corresponded with him, and about once in two months received from him long letters in queer English, which brought before me vividly his spluttering, enthusiastic, gesticulating conversation.
So saying, he pointed to the little goat, who, on seeing Charmolue gesticulating, had, in point of fact, thought it appropriate to do the same, and had seated himself on his haunches, reproducing to the best of his ability, with his forepaws and his bearded head the pathetic pantomine of the king's procurator in the ecclesiastical court.
When they arrived at Calais and Philip saw the crowd of gesticulating porters his heart leaped.
There was much excited gesticulating, pointing, and chattering; then several of the warriors approached and peered within.
Why, of course," replied the clerk, gesticulating with his hands.
A faint screaming reached Bert, and then a crowd of people ran out into the street, one man limping and gesticulating awkwardly.
When Boris appeared at his door Pierre was pacing up and down his room, stopping occasionally at a corner to make menacing gestures at the wall, as if running a sword through an invisible foe, and glaring savagely over his spectacles, and then again resuming his walk, muttering indistinct words, shrugging his shoulders and gesticulating.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Gertrude Caroline Ederle
- Gertrude Ederle
- Gertrude Lawrence
- Gertrude Stein
- gesneria family
- Gestalt law of organization
- Gestalt principle of organization
- Gestalt psychology
- gestation period
- gestational age
- get a line
- get a load
- get a look
- get a noseful
- get a whiff
- get about
- get across
- get ahead
- get along
- get along with
- get around
- get around to
- get at
- get away
- get back
- get behind
- get by
- get cracking
- get down
- get dressed
- get even
Full browser ?
- Gestational Weight Gain
- Gestational Weight Gain Pattern
- gestatorial chair
- Gestion Administrative et Commerciale
- Gestión Ambiental en la Minería Artesanal
- Gestion Benoît Dumoulin
- Gestion Communautaire des Ressources Naturelles
- Gestion de Aceites Vegetales, SL
- Gestion de Configuration Logicielle
- Gestión de Expedientes Jurídicos
- Gestion de l'Union Douaniere
- Gestion de la Maintenance Assistée par Ordinateur
- Gestion de la Maison du Prêt d’Honneur
- Gestion de la Relation Client
- Gestion de Production Assistée par Ordinateur
- Gestion des Entreprises et des Administrations
- Gestion des Littoraux et des Mers
- Gestion des Opérations et de la Production
- Gestion Des Ressources Naturelles
- Gestion du Réseau de Transport de l'Electricité
- Gestion du Réseau Informatique des Commissions Scolaires
- Gestion Electronique de Documents
- Gestion et Attribution des Noms de Domaine sur Internet
- Gestion et Etude des Informations Spectrocopiques Atmospheriques