fee

(redirected from fee-for-service plan)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
References in periodicals archive ?
6) Overall, PPO participants pay less for the same services than do employees covered by a traditional fee-for-service plan.
Under traditional fee-for-service plans, patients can choose to see any doctor at anytime and pay them a fee directly for their service and wait to be reimbursed, as Kevin Holston did, usually for 80% of the cost.
As government contributions sink, private fee-for-service plans can provide an escape hatch from rationing.
Full-time participants in fee-for-service plans with internal limits for diagnostic x-ray and laboratory testing benefits, medium and large private establishments, 1991 Percent of Type of limitation(1) participants Total(2) 100 Deductible(3) 1 Maximum dollar amount 99 Per year 86 Per illness 6 Scheduled 8 Shared (4) Coinsurance 1 (1) Includes PPO plans.
We'll likely see membership in private fee-for-service plans begin to stabilize over the next two years as carriers begin to shift members to HMO or PPO plans," said DuBose.
More than 250 health plans participate in the FEHB program, including consumer directed health plans, fee-for-service plans, health maintenance organizations, high deductible health plans, point- of-service plans, and preferred provider organizations.
Day limits under fee-for-service plans typically were applied in conjunction with other restrictions.
Is Paying Extra for a Private Fee-for-Service Plan Similar to Getting the "Medigap" Private Plans Older People Have Often Bought to Supplement Traditional Medicare?
And when both spouses have fee-for-service plans, they often submit medical bills to both plans so one insurer pays 80 percent of the bill and the other insurer the remaining 20 percent.
Comprehensive Care Corporation (CompCare) (OTCBB: CHCR) today announced it will provide managed behavioral health services for Universal Health Care Group's 100,000 Medicaid, Medicare, and Private Fee-for-Service plan members in eleven states.
BlueCross' products include two PPO plans, Medicare Blue(SM) and Medicare Blue(SM) Plus; a private fee-for-service plan, Medicare Blue(SM) Private; and two prescription drug plans, MedBlue(SM) Rx and MedBlue(SM) Rx Plus.
But in Tuesday's Journal of the American Medical Association, they wrote, ``Patients who were elderly and poor were more than twice as likely to decline in health in an HMO'' as in a fee-for-service plan.
In 1989, home health care services were provided to virtually all HMO participants, whereas 72 percent of fee-for-service plan participants had such coverage.
That is why Bravo Health offers a variety of Medicare Advantage options in each of the markets it serves and earlier this year launched a Medicare fee-for-service plan in the mid-Atlantic region.