It is believed the blaze started due to an electrical fault in an extension lead
In trials it was found that wheeled types were best for a typical family lawn of up to 150 square metres, but if you need an extension lead
longer than 25m, a small petrol mower might be worth considering.
North Tyneside Council's trading standards officers have carried out tests on a four-socket extension lead
marked Senior Move-able Socket, Made in China, following a complaint from a member of the public.
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service is urging the public to take care when it comes to overloading household electrical sockets, especially when it comes to the use of multi-socket blocks and extension leads
The charity Electrical Safety First say you should never plug extension leads
into other leads.
tonyd WE WROTE: A Brotton mum is urging people to be careful with extension leads
after a fire broke out in the front bedroom of her semi-detached house.
If the Christmas lights have not been looked at since last January when they were put away, give them and any associated electrical extension leads
a visual inspection looking for signs of any obvious damage ?
- What a pain they are when you are working
NORTH Wales Fire and Rescue Service is warning of the dangers of unsuitable extension leads
after the contents of a garage on Stryt Las, Rhosllannerchrugog, were destroyed in a fire yesterday.
Do not run cables and extension leads
over areas in which they could present a trip hazard, particularly when setting up new computers or other electrical items.
There were no fire doors ( the only escape route from the sleeping area being through the kitchen, the electrical supply to the basement was via extension leads
from the ground floor, and two stone steps were loose.
Now I'm a trained electrician, looking back it wasn't very safe, there were extension leads
plugged in everywhere