The feeling was not like an electric shock
, but it was quite as sharp, as strange, as startling: it acted on my senses as if their utmost activity hitherto had been but torpor, from which they were now summoned and forced to wake.
Ruins and basilicas, palaces and colossi, set in the midst of a sordid present, where all that was living and warm-blooded seemed sunk in the deep degeneracy of a superstition divorced from reverence; the dimmer but yet eager Titanic life gazing and struggling on walls and ceilings; the long vistas of white forms whose marble eyes seemed to hold the monotonous light of an alien world: all this vast wreck of ambitious ideals, sensuous and spiritual, mixed confusedly with the signs of breathing forgetfulness and degradation, at first jarred her as with an electric shock
, and then urged themselves on her with that ache belonging to a glut of confused ideas which check the flow of emotion.
It seemed to him that he had intruded upon the holy of holies, and slowly and carefully he moved his head aside from the contact which thrilled him like an electric shock
and of which she had not been aware.
At the little laugh of Chief Inspector Heat's he spun swiftly on his heels, as if whirled away from the window-pane by an electric shock
The music had started again now, one of those twentieth-century eruptions of sound that begin like a train going through a tunnel and continue like audible electric shocks
, that set the feet tapping beneath the table and the spine thrilling with an unaccustomed exhilaration.
Along one side of the room ran a narrow gallery, a few feet from the floor; into which gallery the cattle were driven by men with goads which gave them electric shocks
We are now proposing to ban the use of electric shock
collars to improve the welfare of animals.
He received severe electric shock
and died on the spot.
The family members were trying to fix a generator on the second floor of their apartment located in Liaquat Colony when 23-year-old Umair got an electric shock
They suffered an electric shock
and fell unconscious.
A police spokesman said on Thursday that Shabnum Bibi,resident of chak 511-GB was washing clothes when she received fatal electric shock
from a washing machine.
A North East company, Green North East Trading Bidco Limited, was sentenced today after a sub-contractor suffered an electric shock
when he cut through a live cable.
Objectives: To determine the clinical presentation and outcome of accidental electric shock
injuries in patients brought to the Department of Accident and Emergency, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar.
Although Electric Shock
Drowning can occur virtually in any location where electricity is provided near water, the majority of Electric Shock
Drowning deaths have occurred in public and private marinas and docks.
Trading standards says anyone who uses the chargers and adaptors risks getting an electric shock