References in periodicals archive ?
9796) that treat a domestic disregarded entity that is wholly owned by a foreign person as a domestic corporation separate from its owner for reporting, recordkeeping, and compliance purposes under Sees.
If the entity is a single-member LLC, however, the default is to treat the entity as disregarded.
The employee in this case had a significant amount of disability-related leave which was disregarded, but other absences which still meant the trigger point had been exceeded.
25) Wachovia filed a motion to vacate the arbitration, asserting, among other things, that the arbitrators manifestly disregarded the law when they awarded their adversary attorneys' fees pursuant to a South Carolina statute that provided sanctions against attorneys who file frivolous claims.
It is regrettable that those involved in these violations disregarded traffic laws and put the life of road users at risk.
The judge said he also disregarded warnings to stop, left the scene of the accident and drove off when the police tried to apprehend him.
Some of the important benefits associated with an SMLLC come from its treatment as a disregarded entity for income and employment tax purposes.
McDonough recommended that the Treasury Department permit owners of disregarded to elect to assume joint and several liability of employment tax obligations with the entities in order to permit the owners to file and report the employment tax obligations at the owner level.
When libertarian-oriented activist judges such as Fields and Peckham disregarded an objective reading of the Constitution in order to elevate their personal beliefs to the highest law of the land, they set the stage for FDR-appointed activist judges to disregard the objective meaning of the Constitution (e.
In the past, councils have disregarded only part of the pension, treating the rest as earned income and as a result cutting the amount of benefit.
15) In contrast, other jurisdictions, such as the 11th Circuit, have used the doctrine in only the rarest circumstances, endorsing the approach that a party must show that the "arbitrators knew the law and expressly disregarded it" before manifest disregard will apply.
Bush tried to blame the torture scandal on a "few American troops who dishonored our country and disregarded our values.
Arnold Schwarzenegger retreated and disregarded Republican input as he cut a deal with the opposition.
Generally, an S corp shareholder that is a tax-exempt entity not subject to tax on such corporation's income is disregarded in determining the corporation's ownership tax year unless the corporation is wholly owned by that entity.
All strains suspected of carrying a resistance pattern compatible with hyperproduction of the chromosomal enzymes, as well as resistant strains without synergy, were disregarded.
Thesaurus browser ?
- disreputable person
- disrupting explosive
Full browser ?
- Disregard Females, Acquire Currency
- disregard of duty
- disregard of orders
- disregard one’s duty
- disregard one’s obligations
- disregard prestige
- Disregard Previous Assignment Instructions
- Disregard Tape
- disregard the law
- Disregard Women, Acquire Currency