Also found in: Dictionary, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
  • noun

Synonyms for deceitfulness

the act or practice of deceiving

Synonyms for deceitfulness

the quality of being crafty

Related Words

References in periodicals archive ?
Antisocial behaviors represented in the DSM-IV diagnostic criteria for CD include aggression toward people and animals, destruction of property, deceitfulness, theft, and other serious social rule violations (see textbox, below).
We are continually reminded of his unsavory faults, his blatant inconsiderateness, inveterate deceitfulness, ethnic prejudice, vulgar behavior, willful destruction of private property, entrapment of teenage girls, foisting of drugs on minors, passing bad checks, using foul language, stealing, staying stoned, never bathing except by accident, and what is significantly contrary to Buddhist precept, his unremitting egotism.
The lure of outside money invariably does this very thing: It obstructs the word and ministry of the church-like seed among thorns, they are choked by the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things.
The ruling system's violence, double-crossing people's demand, deceitfulness, false media propaganda and political maneuvering will never be useful," the senior Shiite cleric stated.
It was the same kind of deceitfulness Matthews showed when she went on TV during her daughter's disappearance, begging for the nation's help in finding her "lost angel".
For once the explicit thuggishness, the feigned outrage to mask the shameless deceitfulness, the apocalyptic warnings, are failing to have an impact.
In fact, throughout the film, Kore-eda shows the deceitfulness of those who claim to be righteous, suggesting that if you scratch the surface, they turn out to be just as egoistical as anyone else.
Conduct disorder is defined as a pattern of behavioural problems that includes aggression towards people and animals, destruction of property, deceitfulness or theft, and serious rule-breaking.
In the parable of the sower, the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches are the thorns that choke out the word of God in some lives (Matt.
He got six years in a prison cell, along with his bride, Paying for their deceitfulness, by spending time inside, So let this be a lesson, every single one of you, Don't try to fool those boys in blue, in Seaton Carew.
If we assume deceitfulness, we are more incriminating and severe and less diplomatic and lenient in our decision to continue to communicate.
Endearing in his deceitfulness, he addresses the audience surreptitiously in the opening moments with, "98 percent of the human race cheats, and the other 2 percent lies about it.
There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Main characteristics of a conduct disorder are the following: aggression directed at persons and animals; destroying property; deceitfulness or pilfering; and serious breaches of rules of conduct.
Shame, shame, shame on you, Cardinal Mahony, for years of your deceitfulness and lies.