References in classic literature ?
The whole company hereupon show the greatest interest; while the priest holding Moa Artua to his ear interprets to them what he pretends the god is confidentially communicating to him.
And being always with her, and always talking confidentially, and his feelings exactly in that favourable state which a recent disappointment gives, those soft light eyes could not be very long in obtaining the pre-eminence.
Madame," said De Griers confidentially, "les chances peuvent tourner.
Sir, I came to speak confidentially with your general about affairs of importance.
I - I think he will want me when I come from the school, but' - confidentially, as Lurgan Sahib nodded approval - 'I do not understand how he can wear many dresses and talk many tongues.
You see," he continued confidentially, "I don't mind my legs and arms and body being stuffed, because I cannot get hurt.
Jarndyce, expressing his approval in his face, began to talk to me as confidentially as if I had been in the habit of conversing with him every morning for I don't know how long.
he inquired confidentially, blowing a vile cloud from his horrid pipe.
Doolittle, much troubled, accompanies her to the door; then hesitates; finally turns confidentially to Higgins.
This gentleman declares, Gavrila Ardalionovitch," began the man, confidentially and almost familiarly, "that he is Prince Muishkin and a relative of Madame Epanchin's.
You have something to say to me more confidentially, I perceive; do not be afraid, we are quite alone.
Valuev was confidentially telling that Uvarov had been sent from Petersburg to ascertain what Moscow was thinking about Austerlitz.
He said to himself that he was only doing right in telling her the truth about her husband's probable future, but he certainly thought also that it would be interesting to talk confidentially with her.
With his air of looking down on the highest, and confidentially inviting you to be of his company in the seat of the scorner he is irresistible; his very confession that he is a snob, too, is balm and solace to the reader who secretly admires the splendors he affects to despise.
It ain't no use, my dears," he whispered confidentially.
Thesaurus browser ?
- confervoid algae
- confession of judgement
- confession of judgment
- confidence game
- confidence man
- confidence trick
- confidential adviser-advisee relation
- confidential information
- confirmation hearing
Full browser ?
- Confidential Reliable Informant
- Confidential Report
- Confidential Security Corporation
- Confidential source
- Confidential Star Supplement
- Confidential Statement of Formula
- Confidential Treatment Request
- Confidential Unit Exclusion
- Confidential, Formerly Restricted Data
- Confidential-Restricted Data
- Confidential/Foreign Government Information - Modified Handling
- Confidentialised Unit Record File
- Confidentiality agreement
- Confidentiality and Non-Competition Agreement
- Confidentiality and Privacy Group
- Confidentiality and Security Advisory Group for Scotland
- Confidentiality Modes
- Confidentiality of Medical Information Act
- Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
- Confidentiality, Integrity, Authenticity
- Confidentially Typed Assembly Language
- Config file