common stock equivalent


Also found in: Dictionary, Financial.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Words related to common stock equivalent

preferred stock or convertible bonds or warrants that can be converted into common stock

Related Words

References in periodicals archive ?
A major concern was the concept of common stock equivalents in computing primary earnings per share (EPS).
A common stock equivalent is defined as a security that while in form is not common stock is, in substance, equivalent to common stock because of its provisions.
Systematically disregarding that possibility raises furcher questions about the meaning of common stock equivalent status and, thus, primary EPS.
Under existing rules, a convertible security is a common stock equivalent if at the time it is issued it has an effective yield of less than two-thirds of the current average Aa-rated corporate bond yield.
Conversion is assumed if the convertible security is a common stock equivalent and the assumed conversion reduces EPS.
The depositary shares, each of which represents a 1/100th interest in a share of Umpqua Holdings Corporation's Series B Common Stock Equivalent, entitle the holders, through the depository, to a proportional fractional interest in the rights and preferences of such share of Common Stock Equivalent represented by the depositary share, including conversion, dividend, liquidation and voting rights.
Currently, no public market exists for the depositary shares or the common stock equivalent.
Under the terms of the license agreement, the company was required to make a milestone payment to Merck for the transfer of the vilazodone manufacturing technology in Clinical Data Common Stock equivalent in value to [euro]1.
00 per share payable in connection with the Merger plus a pro rata portion of Glenborough's regular quarterly dividend for the fourth quarter of 2006 based on a closing date of November 29, 2006) as consideration in connection with the Merger, each share of Preferred Stock converted into its Common Stock equivalent based on the 0.
7 billion in cash and notes, representing up to 55% of the purchase price and shares of Swiss Re common stock equivalent to the remaining 45% of the value of the transaction.
98 per share on common stock and common stock equivalents for the fourth quarter of 2017, the company said.
As a result, on December 2, 2013 the company's 13,299 outstanding shares of series F common stock equivalents will automatically convert into 13.
acquired 100% of the issued and outstanding shares of common stock and common stock equivalents of E-LOAN, Inc.
Primary earnings per share incorporates the effects of dilutive common stock equivalents, and fully-diluted earnings per share incorporates the effects of all dilutive convertible securities.
Primary earnings per share calculations would consider only those dilutive common stock equivalents expected to vest.