color blindness

(redirected from colorblindness)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to colorblindness: Color blindness test
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for color blindness

References in periodicals archive ?
ANTHONY PINN'S new book, When Colorblindness Isn't the Answer is his answer regarding the disconnect between humanist philosophy and humanism in action.
Colorblindness is a viewpoint that holds that race and racial categories are no longer salient, and therefore these categories should be ignored and everyone should be seen as an individual (Richeson & Nussbaum, 2004).
I said that racial/ethnic minority groups perceive colorblindness as a way for whites to ignore the social reality of people of color while whites perceive colorblindness as a magnanimous gesture that does not judge individuals by skin color or other external markers.
Most conservatives and libertarians support the principle of colorblindness in public policy, or at least a strong presumption in favor of it.
From this standpoint, colorblindness is more detrimental than racial hostility; where racial hostility is alive to racial difference, colorblindness is indifferent to justice under the guise of a false neutrality.
In 99 percent of cases, colorblindness is an inherited condition, and in the other 1 percent, it's caused by injury to the eye.
Michelle Alexander, The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness.
Dyer, the principle of colorblindness that Harvey upholds is not a synonym for racism, but its opposite.
In her ground-breaking work, The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness (NJC), Michelle Alexander describes a system of social control that operates in a racially discriminatory manner under the guise of colorblindness.
I argue colorblindness is being used to suggest that racism is a thing of the past when in fact racism permeates every facet of American culture.
This led to colorblindness in Turkish foreign policy.
Though it might appear to suggest a total dissolution of difference, colorblindness functions to rationalize the interaction of infinite dissimilarities.
Colorblindness reifies and legitimizes racism by protecting certain racial privileges and by minimizing the legacy of systemic institutionalized racism and its residual effects on racial minorities.
Michelle Alexander unveils the mask of colorblindness that clouds our vision from seeing and comprehending what has happened to staggering numbers of black men in America: "The racial bias in the drug war is a major reason that 1 in every 14 black men was behind bars in 2006, compared with 1 in 106 white men.
The topics include reconciling identity management and coping strategies with diversity ideology, organizational and individual colorblindness approaches to past injustice, the intersection of organizational and individual diversity ideology on diverse employees' perceptions of inclusion and organizational justice, what a profit-maximizing rationale for affirmative action ignores and why it matters, and examples of multiculturalism at work in Britain and Germany.