necrosis

(redirected from caseous necrosis)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to caseous necrosis: granuloma, tuberculosis, Fibrinoid necrosis
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for necrosis

the localized death of living cells (as from infection or the interruption of blood supply)

References in periodicals archive ?
11] AFB are commonly seen in purulent samples, which may not contain granuloma, caseous necrosis, or epithelioid cells.
Although no pathological agent growth was observed in the culture, there was no atypical cells supporting malignancy, and the diagnosis of tuberculosis was, therefore, made upon detecting granuloma with caseous necrosis.
Hemophagocytosis, plasmacytosis, caseous necrosis, and granulomas can be observed in bone marrow of patients with tuberculosis.
Intra-osseous lesions in both patients were diagnosed as tuberculosis when the histology revealed caseous necrosis surrounded by epithelioid and Langhans-type giant cells (Fig.
1,4,5) Prostatic TB often presents as diffuse caseous necrosis with calcifications and the development of fibrosis with gland hardening; however, it is usually asymptomatic.
Mycobacterium tuberculosis was isolated on a culture, and a histopathological examination revealed caseous necrosis with granuloma formation (Figure 4).
A granuloma can have different morphological forms, including solid granuloma comprising of macrophages without necrosis or a granuloma with caseous necrosis in the center surrounded by lymphocytes and macrophage12.
On histopathological examination of the lymph node showed characteristic granulomatous lesions showing caseous necrosis in the centre, and a prominent cuff of lymphocytes and plasma cells at the periphery.
Clinico-pathological conference (CPC): adrenal insufficiency due to chronic granulomatous infiltration with caseous necrosis
The areas with caseous necrosis were scanned using oil immersion (magnification X100).
Granulomatous inflammation with central caseous necrosis surrounded by epithelial cells and Langhans giant cells was noted in the histopathologic examination of the left middle ear mucosa.
Tissue reactions in the terminal stage were typical tuberculosis granulomas in only 20% of cases, and in the remaining 80%, there were many foci of nonreactive caseous necrosis.
Tuberculosis (Tb) is the most important infectious cause of death in the world that is histologically characterized by a chronic granulomatous inflammation and caseous necrosis (Bloom & Murray, 1992).
When inbred and outbred animals were compared histologically, inbred animals showed more caseous necrosis, more visible bacilli and fewer epitheleoid cells, suggesting that inbred animals were more susceptible to TB than the outbreds.
Hypotheses: Tuberculoid leprosy in one reaction with caseous necrosis or Tuberculosis and Tuberculoid leprosy?