Dominic Jenkins, Senior Consultant in Emergency Medicine and Deputy Chair for Clinical Affairs at HMC, warns residents of the dangers of carbon monoxide
poisoning and the particular danger of burning wood and charcoal indoors.
The SHOUT project, campaigning to raise awareness of carbon monoxide
poisoning, says almost 50% of people renting a private property in the UK have not had an alarm installed by their landlord.
Chimneys and flues can allow carbon monoxide
to invade living spaces without you knowing it.
com/mh370-deadly-carbon-monoxide-burning-lithium-ion-batteries-filled-cabin-crash-new-1987491) New Theory Claims MH370 Might Have Had Carbon Monoxide
Filling Up The Cabin
Common sources of carbon monoxide
include home appliances such as geysers, dryers, and refrigerators and areas that lack proper ventilation such as garages.
has no colour, taste or smell, which makes spotting faulty appliances hard - unless, of course, you fit carbon monoxide
According to the researchers, the ability to perform at low temperature and short time of detection are two important parameters in designing a sensor to detect carbon monoxide
and other gas pollutants.
Although the cause of the problem in Sutton is not yet established, it is not unusual for people to suffer from carbon monoxide
The Department of Health estimates the true number of people exposed to sub-lethal amounts of carbon monoxide
is even greater, however.
Those poisoned by just low levels of carbon monoxide
can go on to develop long-term chronic health problems.
The findings are concerning, the study's authors wrote, because carbon monoxide
poisoning is linked to 500 accidental deaths yearly and a higher risk for brain injury.
The most common symptom of carbon monoxide
poisoning is a headache, but also dizziness and nausea, tiredness and confusion.
Her attack comes after Northern Ireland this week became the first UK region to make carbon monoxide
alarms a legal requirement in all new homes.
DANGEROUS levels of carbon monoxide
have been found in dozens of homes in Coventry during a groundbreaking study into the deadly gas.
WE ARE pleased to hear that in this instance none of the family from Great Barr affected by carbon monoxide
poisoning were killed (Mail, November 1).