capitalisation


Also found in: Dictionary, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for capitalisation

writing in capital letters

Related Words

an estimation of the value of a business

the act of capitalizing on an opportunity

References in periodicals archive ?
Best expects ZFS'consolidated risk-adjusted capitalisation to remain strong in 2006, factoring higher retained earnings partly offset by lower revaluation reserves due to increased long-term interest rates and by the redemption of preferred securities.
Best expects SCOR to maintain risk-adjusted capitalisation at a very good level in 2004, following completion of its EUR 750 million (USD 949 million) rights issue in January 2004.
The company's rating is predicated on returning strong underwriting and operating results for the full year 2003 and through this, rebuilding its risk-adjusted capitalisation to prior year levels.
The rating reflects the company's excellent capitalisation, continued improvement in underwriting performance and excellent market profile.
An offsetting factor is the decline in risk-adjusted capitalisation.
The outlook on the rating has been revised to stable from negative, reflecting the prospective stabilisation of BEST Re's risk-adjusted capitalisation.
The rating reflects the company's excellent capitalisation and prospective financial performance, access to business with a proven track record through Lloyd's Syndicate 2003--currently rated A (Excellent)--and its development of a diversified account from other business sources.
In addition, BIL's financial strength rating reflects the company's excellent capitalisation and performance prospects, its improved underwriting diversification and raised business profile.
The initial capitalisation of the company is GBP 80 million (USD 133 million), 80% provided by WRBC and the remaining 20% provided by Kiln plc.
The rating reflects the company's strategic importance to its ultimate parent, Hannover Rueckversicherungs (Hannover Re)--currently rated A+ (Superior) and under review with negative implications--its excellent prospective capitalisation and financial performance and very good business profile.