blood pressure

(redirected from blood pressure regulation)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Words related to blood pressure

the pressure of the circulating blood against the walls of the blood vessels

References in periodicals archive ?
The literature indicates the effect of CARTs on the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, which plays an important role in the regulation of many processes occurring in the body, including blood pressure regulation [36].
3) Some of the numerous substrates of ACE contribute directly to blood pressure regulation, such as bradykin and angiotensin I, while others have been associated with numerous other physiological processes.
Blood pressure regulation in response to orthostatic stress is mainly mediated by sympathetic nerve activity, which induces peripheral vasoconstriction, particularly in the lower legs.
Because serotonin (5-HT) may play a key role in blood pressure regulation and vasovagal syncope, 2 a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) may be an option.
2 Hypercholesterolemia resulting from imbalanced mobilization of cholesterol account for the earliest stages of atherogenesis, is risk factor for CVD and is said to interfere with blood pressure regulation.
5 mmHg) in coloured pupils further supports the dual role of MC3R in weight and blood pressure regulation.
We suggest that midlife hypertension is associated with cortical thinning in areas related to blood pressure regulation, and dementia," said Miika Vuorinen, a doctoral student at the University of Finland, Kuopio.
Furthermore, the kidneys play a significant role in blood pressure regulation, and it is estimated that 7 to 8% of the marathoning population is already hypertensive.
Out of these, only two, CYP17A1 (cytochrome P450, family 17, subfamily A) and MTHFR, are previously studied candidate genes, while others include previously largely unsuspected but plausible biologic candidates genes whose role in blood pressure regulation still needs to be confirmed.
The newly discovered system and its molecular mediators-such as Trpv4 -- may be targets for blood pressure regulation, particularly in situations of low blood pressure and fainting, the researchers said.
There is a strong link between PBC and blood pressure regulation.
blood pressure regulation and platelet aggregation) are mediated via NO binding to the iron in the heme prosthetic group of guanylate cyclase, which markedly activates the enzyme and thereby increases the intracellular concentration of the second messenger cGMP [9,10].
Testing genetic polymorphisms in the cardiac system evaluates genetic variations, called single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), in genes that modulate blood pressure regulation, lipid balance, inflammation, and oxidative stress.
The adipokinome (which together with lipid moieties released, such as fatty acids and prostaglandins, constitute the secretome of fat cells) includes proteins involved in lipid metabolism, insulin sensitivity, the alternative complement system, vascular haemostasis, blood pressure regulation and angiogenesis, as well as the regulation of energy balance.
Nearly 99% of the mineral is found in the bones, also known as our calcium 'banks', and the remaining 1% is stored throughout the body where it assists in other important bodily functions such as muscle contraction and heart beat, supports the function of the nervous system and also plays a role in blood pressure regulation.
Full browser ?