References in periodicals archive ?
Because of their universal recognition, batiks can represent commonplace life, culture, and society, yet they also highlight the many bright moments that stand out from the daily rigors, chores, and routines.
It is not surprising that the most complex batiks require nine to ten months of daily work.
He said he chose the term batik giraffe because of the animal's curiosity as it never hides even when people are staring at it.
The items on display included Tanzanian khangas and Kitenge, batik, handmade beaded frames, banana leaf artworks, attractive beaded coasters as well as stunning accessories such as bags, clutches, sandals, bracelets, necklaces, bowls, key chains, besides others, all depicting the unique African beauty.
Batik suddenly became feasible with donated slow cookers/crock-pots, candles and inexpensive fabric.
The stall displayed things such as attractive wooden carvings, batik paintings, baskets, horns, drums, musical instruments, beside other items.
In this "conversational piece," she discusses the batik process she uses to illustrate the children's books published by Farrar Straus Giroux and suggests ways to introduce batik techniques in the art classroom.
de Ball, linens in colorful batik designs at Verena Batiks and man-made suedes in soft, melon colorways at American Silk.
To see how tie-dyed fabrics and batiks are made, stop by Mrs.
Our initial line will have new treatments of animal skin prints, Indonesian batiks and tropical retro designs as well as the always popular romantic florals whose popularity defies changing fashion moods.
The wonderful cracks and veins in the final batiks are what make the batik so captivating to me.
Currently occupied by Handloom Batiks, the 800-square-foot, ground level store is located on the west side of Mulberry Street, between Prince and Spring Streets.
Ada Bird's work is featured in several books on Aboriginal art, and her batiks, as well as her paintings, are held in major collections all over the world.
305-673-0635) boutique that, in the past, has sold world music, jewelry and fantastic batiks and silks.
They had lived in the house for 12 years, but a growing library and collection of carpets, rugs and batiks were demanding more space.
Thesaurus browser ?
- bathroom cleaner
- bathroom fixture
- bathroom tissue
- bathtub gin
- bathyal district
- bathyal zone
- Batis maritima
- batoko palm
- Baton Rouge
- Baton Rouge Bridge
- baton twirler
- batten down
- batter bread
Full browser ?
- bati chick
- bati chick
- Bâti Concept Conseil
- Bati France Construction
- bati man
- bati man
- Bâti, Tradi, Concept
- Batignolles Tapis Multiservices
- Batignolles Technologies Thermiques
- Batik Shirt Shop
- Bâtiment a Energie Positive
- Bâtiment Base de Plongeurs Démineurs
- Bâtiment Bricolage Industrie
- Bâtiment d'Accueil du Public
- Bâtiment d'Essais et de Mesures
- Bâtiment de Basse Consommation
- Bâtiment de Commandement et de Ravitaillement
- Bâtiment de Débarquement de Chars
- Bâtiment de Projection et de Commandement
- Bâtiment de Soutien de Région
- Batiment de Soutien Logistique
- Bâtiment de Soutien Mobile
- Bâtiment de Soutien Santé
- Bâtiment des Auxiliaires Nucléaires
- Bâtiment du Combustible Irradié
- Bâtiment et Techniques d'Armor
- Bâtiment et Travaux Publics
- Bâtiment Expert Benoît Fauteux Inc.
- Bâtiment Général Urbain
- Bâtiment Industrie Réseaux
- Bâtiment Qualité Service
- Bâtiment Réacteur
- Bâtiment Technique Artisanal
- Bâtiment, Jardin, Piscine
- Bâtiments à Propulsion Nucléaire
- Bâtiments d'Habitation Collectifs
- Bâtiments de Soutien et d'Assistance Hauturiers
- Bâtiments des Auxiliaires de Conditionnement