References in periodicals archive ?
Trichogramma Wasps lay their eggs in the eggs of the army worms, which kills them.
Army worms, which can grow to around 5 cm in length, are moth caterpillars and when present in large numbers can destroy swathes of vegetation and crops.
The latter is a distinct possibility given the substantial genetic heterogeneity observed in fall army worm populations (Clark et al.
And this year, their singing heralded a great invasion of army worms.
Attack of American worm, Army worm, Red worm and others could poise a serious threat to cotton production experts suggested the growers to properly check the crop twice a week.
The MIR162 trait will be integrated into future insect protection products to provide a second, and in some cases, third mode of action for above ground pests such as corn ear worm, southwestern corn borer, western bean and black cutworm, fall army worm and sugarcane borer.
Sf9 cells, derived from the Fall Army Worm (Spodoptera frugiperda).
MULTAN -- Director General Agriculture (extension) Dr Anjum Ali Buttar warned growers to keep cotton crop safe against threat of army worm pleading that the early sown silver fibre was passing through a delicate stage.
Growers should also apply suitable pesticides in case of attack by the army worm because the Bt gene does not protect the crop against this worm, the release concluded.
This situation was exacerbated by the outbreak of army worms in some parts of the crop producing regions in the northern communal areas.
In addition to the more notorious "usual suspects" Mediterranean fruit flies, wheat rust, African Army worms a veritable panoply of culprits are damaging crops and undermining farmers' livelihoods around the globe: Eggplant Borers, Cassava Bacterial blight, Potato Cyst Nematodes, the European Grapevine Moth, and giant, rice-eating snails of the Pomacea genus.
Army worms are relentless munching machines, but they stop moving and sometimes drop off their perches, if a wasp flies by.
Caterpillars, known as army worms, feed on the grass, attracting massive flocks of storks and terns to feed on them.
One such coup comes in programme two on the Savannah, where million-strong herds of Serengeti wildebeest in Tanzania were outnumbered by even more voracious grazers - a seething living carpet of grass-eating caterpillars called army worms.
It cost them a lot of money to combat beet army worms.
Thesaurus browser ?
- arms manufacturer
- arms race
- army ant
- army attache
- army base
- army brat
- army corps
- army cutworm
- army engineer
- Army for the Liberation of Rwanda
- Army High Performance Computing Research Center
- army hut
- Army Intelligence
- Army National Guard
- Army of Muhammad
- Army of the Confederacy
- Army of the Pure
- Army of the Righteous
- army officer
- army tank
- army unit
- army worm
- Arna Wendell Bontemps
- arnica bud
- Arnica cordifolia
- Arnica montana
- Arno River
- Arnold Daniel Palmer
- Arnold Gesell
- Arnold Joseph Toynbee
- Arnold Lucius Gesell
- Arnold Palmer
- Arnold Schoenberg
- Arnold Schonberg
- Arnold Toynbee
- Arnold-Chiari deformity
- Arnoseris minima
- aroeira blanca
- arolla pine
Full browser ?
- Army War College Corresponding Studies Course
- Army War Reserve
- Army War Reserve Deployment System
- Army War Reserve Pre-Positioned Set
- Army War Reserve Stock
- Army War Reserve Support Command
- Army War Reserve Sustainment
- Army War Reserves Command
- Army Warehouse Control System
- Army Warfighter Experiment
- Army Warfighting Challenge
- Army Warfighting Simulation
- Army Warrior Tasks
- Army Watercraft Management Action Group
- Army Watercraft Restructuring Plan
- Army Web Risk Assessment Cell
- Army Weight Control Program
- Army Welfare Education Society
- Army Welfare Housing Organization
- Army Welfare Trust
- Army Wholesale Logistic System
- Army Wife Talk Radio
- Army Wife Toddler Mom
- Army Wives Welfare Association
- Army Working Capital Fund
- Army Working Capital Fund - Supply Management Army
- Army Workload and Performance System
- Army Worldwide Environmental and Energy Conference
- Army Worldwide Information System
- Army Worldwide Information System Movement Required Generation
- army worm
- army worms
- Army Wounded Warrior Program
- Army WWMCCS Information System
- Army Yachting Node
- Army's Best Mofo's
- Army's Joint Fires and Effects Trainer System
- Army's Mobility Opportunity & Development Program
- Army's Soldier Systems Center
- Army, Navy & Air Force Veterans in Canada
- Army, Navy Electronics Evaluation Group
- Army, United States Department of the
- Army-Air Force Clemency and Parole Board
- Army-Air Force Wage Board
- Army-Marine Corps Board
- Army-Navy Communications Intelligence Board
- Army-Navy Communications Intelligence Coordinating Committee
- Army-Navy Country Club
- Army-Navy Fixed, Radar, Search
- Army-Navy Instrumentation Program
- Army-Navy Joint Specifications Board
- Army-Navy Munitions Board
- Army-Navy retractors
- Army-Navy Shipping Information Agency
- Army-Navy-Air Force
- Army-standard Information Management System
- Army-wide Devices Automated Management
- Army-wide Doctrinal and Training Literature