References in periodicals archive ?
The punch line is that they experience the same things, whether they cover life up with ego strategies or confront life like an analysand.
In analysis, with the request that the analysand mention everything that comes to his or her mind, attention becomes directed on those sexual and aggressive feelings that have hitherto been fleeting and unattended to.
He was famously dismissive of Freudian psychology, comparing an analysand to a drunk man staring at crumbs on his waistcoat, lost in self-absorption.
In the context of psychoanalysis, this involves the temporal and contingent "dialogue" between the analyst and the analysand at the level of desire--although not desire for each other.
In effect, both Kierkegaard and Lacan wish to bring about trauma--a wound or break--in the reader or analysand, an encounter that can facilitate existential appropriation of the kind of truth capable of providing renewed meaning and opening new possibilities.
1) Some critics judge that Berryman's late poetry is as worn-out as the man himself: A lifelong alcoholic and manic-depressive analysand, the poet presumes upon divine aid and--two years before his suicide--he is unable to veil the specter of despair.
Not merely that, but the renewed emphasis upon "close reading"--a much closer reading than that advocated in New Criticism--would enjoin the cultural critic to employ the same procedures as the psychoanalyst "who listens for the slippages, lapses, and incoherences in speech of the analysand.
A reader, like an analysand, dares to experience the disturbing feeling of not knowing each time he begins reading a new piece of writing.
However, the principal method of psychoanalysis is to facilitate the articulation of the analysand's history in order to interpret it in the present, thereby allowing the analysand to achieve resolution.
For example, in psychoanalysis treatment is deemed complete and successful when the analysand is able to experience life from a different perspective--that suggested by the analyst via interpretation.
Die analysand se begeerte tot die talking cure ten einde konflik op te los of te oorwin, word vir die reisende skrywer die writing cure met die wete dat alle betekenaars leeg is en net deur die betekenis wat die skrywer as reisiger daaraan verleen, 'n betekenis (her)win.
In the first instance it is concerned with the way in which the analysand has a future.
Dominick LaCapra tells us something of those dangers implicit in any sort of transferential engagement with the past in his 1985 volume History and Criticism, which examines the transferential nature of reading and writing history as a relationship akin to the exchange between analysand and analyst reenacting, recalling, and working through patterns of the past.
Felman was pivotal in bringing Lacan's conceptual focus on how transference underpins not only the analytic relationship between analysand and analyst, but also characterizes any relationship of learning, to the attention of educators.
When engaging these kinds of affective response to stories--when we stop and ask ourselves why these stories grab us--we enter into a relationship much like that of analysand with analyst.
Thesaurus browser ?
- anal stage
- analog clock
- analog computer
- analog watch
- analog-digital converter
- analog-to-digital converter
- analogue computer
- analysis of variance
- analysis situs
- analytic geometry
- analytic thinking
- analytical balance
- analytical cubism
- analytical geometry
- analytical review
- anamnestic reaction
- anamnestic response
Full browser ?
- analogy method
- analogy method
- Analogy Model
- Analogy, Legal
- Analostan Island
- ANALY CHEM
- Analyse Any Real Data Visually Acquire Real Knowledge
- Analyse de Gestion Hospitalière Nationale
- Analyse des Modes de Défaillance, de Leurs Effets et de Leur Criticité
- analyse des pratiques sociales et projets urbains
- Analyse des Risques et Maîtrise des Points Critiques
- Analyse des Risques Résiduels
- Analyse du Cycle de Vie
- Analyse du Risque Médical
- Analyse Economique et Développement
- Analyse en Composante Principale
- Analyse et Gestion des Etablissements de Santé
- Analyse et Politique Economiques
- Analyse et Programmation
- Analyse et Traitement Electronique de l'Information
- Analyse et Traitement Informatique de la Langue Française
- Analyse Factorielle des Correspondances
- Analyse Préliminaire de Risque
- Analyse Sensorielle Descriptive Quantifiée
- Analyse This
- Analyse, Développement, Formation
- Analyse, Géométrie, Modélisation