References in periodicals archive ?
Despite its amateurishness, it had a haunting quality, a subtlety of hues that enhanced the juxtaposition of the couple, as if, in their differing attentions, they were aware of the pain they'd shared or caused one another.
There's also a certain amateurishness about some of the C86 and early Creation stuff, which I find appealing.
For some viewers, this amateurishness is too distracting, and they have discounted our message.
In this way she credits the aspiration to conceptual order reflected in The Note Books, without apologizing for amateurishness.
It's not the time--not when you're a global joke, not when every American ally is cringing with embarrassment at the amateurishness of the last month.
The gritty amateurishness of the images, their honest emotion, and their declaration of "needing" feminism feel convincingly authentic and fresh compared to the conventions of either corporate media campaigns or many young people's Facebook profiles.
In fact, it is this strategic amateurishness of our policy makers that ' cost us' Nepal, ensured that we weren't able to ' tap into' Myanmar and raised serious questions in our handling of the Maldives crisis.
Let's reflect upon the conditions for the renewed peace effort to bear fruit, bearing in mind the parties' declarations, the mutual lack of trust and recent failures, not to mention our amateurishness regarding conflict resolution.
These "aesthetic band-aids", to quote the artist, are essentially ineffective given their low quality, their amateurishness, off-handedness and their optimistic yet failing functionality.
The one in Thailand took the award for amateurishness with three bombers first having themselves photographed in a bar with prostitutes.
This amateurishness means that most politicians are not as well educated as the senior public servants they are supposed to administer.
But as with all car-crash telly, after gawping slack-jawed at its sheer awfulness (stilted pacing, limp banter and embarrassed-looking guests were just the half of it), you couldn't help be drawn in by its almost defiant amateurishness.
It is not exclusively opposed to 'the amateurishness' of these untrained, but primarily to the amateurishness of the over intellectualized, educated painters.
In separating out Kirkpatrick as a 'competent man' whose work with the WDC necessarily 'will be entirely free of any amateurishness,' the Varsity infers that perhaps without Kirkpatrick, and even under Scott Raff's expert leadership, amateurishness may have been present and that now, 'better is anticipated'.
By virtually every musical criterion, the group's follow-up, The Fugs (re-released as The Fugs Second Album by Fantasy Records in 1994), was a superior recording, and Sanders would employ a stable of professional musicians on future Fugs releases that rendered the giggling amateurishness of The Village Fugs a distant memory.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Amaranthus albus
- Amaranthus caudatus
- Amaranthus cruentus
- Amaranthus graecizans
- Amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys
- Amaranthus hybridus hypochondriacus
- Amaranthus hypochondriacus
- Amaranthus spinosus
- Amaryllis belladonna
- amaryllis family
- Amaterasu Omikami
- Amazon ant
- Amazon River
- amber lily
Full browser ?
- Amateur Swimming Union of Malaysia
- Amateur Teleprinting over Radio
- Amateur telescope maker
- Amateur Telescope Makers of Boston
- Amateur Telescope Making Journal
- Amateur television
- Amateur Television Gruppe Ostschweiz
- Amateur Television Network
- Amateur Television of North America
- Amateur Thai Boxing Association of the Philippines
- Amateur Theater Festival Rotterdam
- Amateur Trapshooting Association
- Amateur Video News Network
- Amateur Voice Acting Group
- Amateur Voice Acting/Actor
- Amateur Weight Lifters Association
- Amateur Wine Competition
- Amateur Winemakers of Canada
- Amateur with A Camera
- Amateur Wrestling News
- Amateur X.25 Protocol
- Amateur Yacht Research Society
- Amateurastronomische Vereinigung Göttingen
- Amateurs Beauvoisards d'Alpine Renault Sport
- Amateurs d'Automobiles Anciennes
- Amateurs d'Utilitaires de la Vallée de la Loire
- Amateurs Dauphinois d'Automobiles de Collection
- Amateurs de la Berlinette Alpine du Haut-Rhin
- Amateurs de Véhicules Alpine
- Amateurs de Véhicules Anciens du Morbihan
- Amateurs Lyonnais de la Berlinette Alpine
- Amateurs Photographes et Cinéastes d'Auvergne
- Amateurs Radio Republic of San Marino
- Amati Family
- Amati Family
- Amati Nicolò