References in periodicals archive ?
Copy of airmail letter dated November 7, 1955 SINCE our last letter to you, I have completed the Masters degree and we have moved to the Islands where I am teaching mathematics and physics in the new Junior College here.
So, one can deduce, neither do we falteringly ask the price of a postcard in some foreign tabac or brave a poste to purchase an airmail letter.
AN airmail letter sent to America has been returned to Julie Bradshaw's home in Felixstowe,Suffolk,just 47 years 17,155days to be exact after she posted it.
The FCUK beach towel designed like an airmail letter (pounds 30) is fun for the teenager, while Dad will get lots of use out of a white Benetton bathrobe (pounds 45).
One airmail letter, all the way from Australia, was simply sent to: "British Cycling Legend Brian Robinson, Mir-field, West Yorkshire, England.
To my amazement the envelope was returned to me requesting further postage for an airmail letter.
On November 6, an airmail letter from Nagase arrived for Patti from Japan.
A blue flimsy airmail letter duly arrived and I ripped it open in excitement.
The price of an airmail letter to Europe will change from 37p to 38p from March.
She said that Sir Anthony, who played Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs, had replied to her in a hand-written airmail letter saying that he felt he had been 'made the villain of the piece' when, in fact, he was not responsible for Barclays Bank.
Crammed in the loft space of a Harborne terrace is Enid's incredible story, told in airmail letters to her mother and sister, Joyce.
We relied on airmail letters for any word from back home.
From a starting point of 10 million airmail letters per year in 1935, numbers doubled annually, reaching over 91 million in 1938.
Airmail letters cost 6p, ordinary letters 41/2p, postcards 31/2p and books, records and educational material goes at about a third of our rates.
You may not be aware that over the past 12 months or so, airmail letters and small parcels originating from the UK have been taking longer and longer to arrive at their Cyprus destination and this now frequently takes 2 -3 weeks.
Thesaurus browser ?
- airing cupboard
- airline business
- airmail letter
- airplane landing
- airplane maneuver
- airplane mechanics
- airplane pilot
- airplane propeller
- airplane ticket
- airport terminal
- air-raid shelter
Full browser ?
- Airlock Depressurization Pump Assembly
- Airlock Extravehicular Mobility Unit
- Airlock Outfitting
- Airlock Outfitting Design
- Airlock Support System
- Airlock Workstation
- Airmail Field
- Airmail Fields
- airmail letter
- Airman & Family Readiness Center
- Airman 1st Class
- Airman and Family Readiness Center
- Airman Apprentice
- Airman Apprentice Fuels, Aviation Boatswain's Mate
- Airman Apprentice, Aerographer's Mate Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Aircraft Maintenanceman Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Aircraft Structural Mechanic Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Aviation Antisubmarine Warfare Technician Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Aviation ASW Operator Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Aviation Boatswain's Mate
- Airman Apprentice, Aviation Boatswain's Mate Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Aviation Electrician's Mate Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Aviation Maintenance Administrationman Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Aviation Ordnanceman Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Aviation Storekeeper Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Aviation Support Equipment Technician Striker
- Airman Apprentice, Parachute Rigger Striker