References in periodicals archive ?
To test the adaptive radiation idea, they analyzed the colony forms of 183 neograptine and diplograptine species that lived before, during or after the Ordovician mass extinction - a total of 9 million years of graptoloid history.
Molecular systematics and adaptive radiation of Hawaii's endemic damselfly genus Megalagrion (Odonata: Coenagrionidae).
Phylogeny, adaptive radiation, and historical biogeography of Bromeliaceae inferred from ndhF sequence data.
Recent studies, such as those on cichlid fish, (2) have shed new light on the numerous patterns and mechanisms for rapid speciation and adaptive radiation.
Another benefit of this design is the ability to quickly and easily reposition the patient multiple times during adaptive radiation therapy.
Much like Darwin's finches in the Galapagos, this rapid evolution seems to have been shaped by the species' interactions with their environments--a process called adaptive radiation.
The last section, Patterns of Evolution, covers convergent evolution, co-evolution, adaptive radiation, causes of mass extinctions, and other topics pertinent to New Zealand species.
They continue to provide rigorous yet accessible text on structure and function, including modes of feeding, control systems, environmental adaptations and reproduction; adaptive radiation and diversity, including the morphology, fossil history and conservation of orders and families; behavior and ecology, including spatial relations, sexual selection, parental care, mating systems, social behavior and community ecology; and special topics including parasites and their relation to disease, domestication and domesticated mammals, and conservation.
Their department offers patients IMRT, image-guided radiation therapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, proton therapy, CT simulations, adaptive radiation therapy and the newest immobilization devices.
Explosive speciation at the base of the adaptive radiation of miocene grazing horses" in Nature 336 (1988): 466-68 and Larson, A.
Adaptive radiation involves the diversification of species each adapted to exploit different ecological roles.
They're stunning examples of adaptive radiation, or different species originating from a common ancestor, says Schneider.
More notably, however, I think it will prove to be telling evidence of the adaptive radiation of fossil ape-like creatures that included the common ancestor of modern humans and chimpanzees.
Darwin's finches, which developed distinctive anatomy, particularly beak shape and size, are the most striking examples of two aspects of the evolutionary process, specifically geographic isolation and adaptive radiation.
Adaptive radiation of Hawaiian species has been aided by the isolation of the archipelago and by its distinctive geological origin from a "hot spot" in the Earth's mantle beneath the Pacific tectonic plate.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Adam's apple
- Adam's needle
- Adam's needle-and-thread
- Adam's Peak
- Adams-Stokes syndrome
- Adansonia digitata
- Adansonia gregorii
- Adapid group
- adaptive radiation
- Adar Sheni
- add on
- add to
- add together
- add up
- Addax nasomaculatus
- adder's fern
- adder's tongue
- adder's tongue fern
Full browser ?
- Adaptive Planning Option
- Adaptive Plot Refinement
- Adaptive Poisson-Boltzmann Solver
- Adaptive Policy Based Management
- Adaptive Polling Technique
- Adaptive Population size Genetic Algorithm
- Adaptive Power Allocation
- Adaptive Power Residue
- Adaptive Prediction
- Adaptive predictive coding
- Adaptive Predictive-Ratio Closed-Loop Power Control
- Adaptive Preferential Defense
- Adaptive Principal component EXtraction
- Adaptive Private Networking
- Adaptive Probabilistic Concept Modeling
- Adaptive Probabilistic Neural Network
- Adaptive Process Guidance
- Adaptive Processing of Data Structures
- Adaptive Processor, SONAR
- Adaptive Programmable Interface Unit
- Adaptive Project Framework
- Adaptive Projected Subgradient Method
- Adaptive Pseudo-Maximum-Likelihood
- Adaptive Pulse Code Modulation
- Adaptive Pursuit Tracking Test
- Adaptive Quadrature Amplitude Modulation
- Adaptive Quadrature Amplitude Modulation with No Transmission Blocking
- Adaptive Quadrature Amplitude Modulation with Transmission Blocking
- Adaptive Quality of Service for Availability
- Adaptive Quantizer for Acoustics Binary Information Transmission
- adaptive radiation
- Adaptive Random Early Detection
- Adaptive Rapid Turnaround Communication
- Adaptive Rate Based
- Adaptive Rate Control
- Adaptive Rate Decision Algorithm
- Adaptive Rate Transmission
- Adaptive Rate-Based Algorithm
- adaptive re-use
- Adaptive Real Time Image Compression
- Adaptive Real-Time Anesthesiologist Associate System
- Adaptive Real-Time Network Protocol
- Adaptive Real-Time Time-Varying Setpoint
- Adaptive Reception Control
- Adaptive Recurrent Neural Network
- Adaptive Recurrent Neural Network Controller
- Adaptive Recursive Interpolated Differential Pulse Code Modulation
- Adaptive Redundant Residue Number System
- Adaptive Regional Blend Matching
- Adaptive Reliable Multicast
- Adaptive Rendering and Transmission Environment
- Adaptive Replacement Cache
- Adaptive Request Channel Multiple Access
- Adaptive Research Planning Teams
- Adaptive Resolution CODEC
- Adaptive resonance theory
- Adaptive Resonance Theory, Version 1
- Adaptive Resource Allocating Vector Quantizer
- Adaptive Resource Allocation and Management
- Adaptive Resource Control for Quality of Service
- Adaptive Resource Management