References in periodicals archive ?
All I can say is that the union flag is worn with pride by our police officers as well as many others.
He wanted the council to encourage schools to fly the Union flag "in our school grounds throughout the borough and encourage them to include the national anthem as part of school assemblies".
The members we have in the Republic of Ireland are quite content that the Union flag, with its Cross of St Patrick, represents them.
The European Union flag has been displayed on full driving licences since photocards first came into use in July 1998.
The UK Government has announced that new licences issued to drivers in Wales, England and Scotland will feature the union flag.
Plaid's Elfyn Llwyd said the new license with the Union flag (above) will 'create disent' |
The Union flag was ceremoniously rehoisted there by council leader Grant Davey on Thursday, exactly a week before the vote.
As a former senior officer in the Royal Navy Police having 26 years' service I can assure him that the Union Flag only becomes a Union Jack when it is flown on the Jackstaff of a Royal Navy vessel (a small mast at the bows or front) when the said vessel is either in harbour or at anchor.
The Union Flag is our national flag and should be flown 365 days of the year.
Today will see the Union flag hoisted at City Hall to celebrate the Countess of Wessex's birthday - one of its 17 designated days.
Trouble has flared against the council's decision to limit the number of days the Union Flag is flown from City Hall.
Summary: Four police officers have been injured in another night of loyalist rioting linked to the Union flag row in Northern Ireland.
Smith (Daily Post, June 18) is wrong in claiming that the Union Flag is in any way representative of a union between England and Wales.
As the union flag carries representation of the patron saints of England, Scotland and Ireland, our own representation was virtually non-existent.
THE much-loved Union flag has gone red, white and spew for the Olympics.
Thesaurus browser ?
- uniocular dichromat
- Union Army
- union card
- Union flag
- Union Jack
- union member
- Union of Burma
- Union of Serbia and Montenegro
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- union representative
- union shop
- Union soldier
- union suit
- unipolar depression
Full browser ?
- Union Européenne de Radio-Diffusion
- Union Européenne de Systémique
- Union Européenne de Yoga
- Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes
- Union Europeenne des Miroitiers Vitriers
- Union Européenne des Paiements
- Union Européenne des Producteurs de Granulats
- Union Européenne des Promoteurs-Constructeurs
- Union Européenne du Trot
- Union Européenne pour l'Agrément Technique dans la Construction
- Union Europeenne Programme de Securite et Aide Alimentaire
- Union Évangélique Médicale et Paramédicale
- Union Evangelischer Kirchen
- Union Events Calendar
- Union Executive Committee
- Union Familiale de Quincy
- Unión Federal de Policia
- Union Federal Savings Bank
- Union Fédérale Autonome Pénitentiaire
- Union Fédérale de l'Industrie
- Union Fédérale des Associations d'Ingénieurs Industriels de Belgique
- Union Fédérale des Consommateurs
- Union Fédérale des Mines
- Union Féminin Quaregnon
- Union Féminine Civique et Sociale
- Unión Fenosa Generacion
- Union Fidelity Life Insurance Company
- Union Fiduciaire de Paris
- Union Financière de France
- union fitting
- Union flag
- Union Flag of the United Kingdom
- Union flags
- Union Food Outlet
- Union for a Popular Movement
- Union for African and Malagasy Economic Cooperation
- Union for African Population Studies
- Union for Bradford and Bingley Staff
- Union for Children's Rights
- Union for Democracy and Development
- Union for Democracy and Justice
- Union for Democracy and Republic
- Union for Democracy and Social Progress
- Union for Democracy Development Macau
- Union for Development and Social Progress
- Union for Experimenting Colleges and Universities
- Union for Improved Services Communication and Education
- Union for National Self Determination
- Union for Private Economic Enterprise
- Union for Progress and Renewal
- Union for Progress of Guinea
- Union for Puerto Rican Students
- Union for Radical Political Economics
- Union for Reform Judaism
- Union for Renewal and Democracy
- Union for Sustainable Development
- Union for the Coordination of Transmission of Electricity
- Union for the Defense of the Constituent Assembly
- Union for the Defense of the Motherland and Freedom
- Union for the Europe of the Nations
- Union for the Mediterranean