Skagerak


Also found in: Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for Skagerak

a broad strait of the North Sea between Jutland and Norway

Synonyms

Related Words

References in periodicals archive ?
The plankton of the North Sea, English Channel and the Skagerak in 1899.
Access to sprat stocks was restricted to vessels under 19 m in kattegat and under 22 m in Skagerak.
Their 13,500 all-seater Skagerak Arena was built for [euro]23 million - all of this because Norwegian clubs profit handsomely from TV.
The project aims to study and evaluate the generation of energy from the motion of sea waves at a research installation in Skagerak, the company said.
Telenor owns 66 per cent, while Skagerak Energi (also Norwegian) owns the remaining 34 per cent of the company.
Skagerak Energi will add about existing wastewater systems to cable.
Gavin Brennan got Rovers' consolation with a 90th minute strike as they lost 2-1 on the night (4-1 on aggregate) at the 13,000-seat Skagerak Arena.
The Norwegian power IT solutions and services provider Powel ASA said on Friday (6 October) that it has signed a partnership agreement with electricity meter data handling, settlement and invoicing company Nota AS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Norwegian regional utility Skagerak Energi.
They were later joined by other Nordic energy groups, including Fortum, Skagerak Energi and the companies participating in the Swedish SAMS buying consortium.
Of these, the following member companies have registered participation in the area, with associated volume for last year: Avinor AS approximately 15 500 000 NOK; Lyse Energi AS approximately 2 700 000 NOK; Statnett SF approximately 300 000 NOK; Skagerak Energi AS approximately 15 000 NOK.
But top scorer Drennan is relishing breaking his continental duck at the Skagerak Arena.
ST) announced today its selection by Norwegian power utility Skagerak Nett ASas its rollout partner in its smart metering project.
Aker Kvaerner and Gassnova are joined in the project by Fortum, Norsk Hydro, Lyse, Petoro, Shell Technology Norway, Skagerak Kraft, Statkraft, Statoil and Ostfold Energi.
Miljobil Grenland AS, a professional fleet operator and marketer of Clean Zero Emission vehicles since 1997, is owned principally by Skagerak Energi, the regional utility company, Norsk Hydro, a $25 billion leading European oil, energy and light metal company with operations in 40 countries and Bellona, a major environmental foundation.