References in periodicals archive ?
This scheme would also affect the Wardei and Orma pastoralists' communities, who neighbour the Pokomo.
Thursday's attacks on the Pokomo village of Kibusu, which also left 19 homes burnt, follows a dawn attack on Wednesday by over 100 raiders on the Orma village of Nduru, in which nine people died.
En decembre, une attaque, dans la meme region, entre Orma - essentiellement des eleveurs - et Pokomo - majoritairement des agriculteurs - avait fait au moins 45 morts.
At least 110 people were killed in clashes between the Pokomo and Orma in August and September.
Fighting started after 200 Pokomo raided an Orma village and burnt down all the homes, villager Said Mgeni said.
73) But the danger of the Somali raiding the Galla (Boran) and the Pokomo seemed to have been manifest since 1909 just as administration was being established, and had compelled the administration to rush in a Company of the King's African Rifles to the region.
This is where the Pokomo people, a minority ethnic group of about 50,000 people, live.
As all these companies seek a piece of the Tana Delta, little is mentioned of local indigenous communities, such as the Orma, Pokomo, Wardei, Malakote, Munyoyaya, Boni and Watta among others, who are not factored in the land allocation plans.
Confirming the incident, Coast Provincial Police Officer Aggrey Adoli said that 19 houses were torched during the raid that is said to have been sparked by the orma community members on a pokomo village in the tana delta region.
Le nombre total de personnes tuees dans ces attaques est de 28", a declare a l'AFP Antony Kamitu, chef des forces speciales de la police deployees dans la zone depuis les tueries de l'ete entre tribus Orma et Pokomo.
The recent violence in the region has pitted the Pokomo, a farming community, against their Orma pastoralist neighbours.
Settled Pokomo farmers and semi-nomadic Orma pastoralists have clashed intermittently for years over access to grazing, farmland and water in the coastal region.
The latest disturbance -- in the Tana River district of the Coast Province -- was reportedly sparked by a conflict over cattle grazing rights and pitted the Orma people against their rivals, the Pokomo.
Kitur, dans le district rural de Tana River par des hommes Pokomo contre des villageois Orma, deux communautes rivales depuis des annees, est l'attaque a caractere ethnique la plus meurtriere au Kenya depuis les violences post-electorales de fin 2007 et debut 2008.
Three men, three women and five children were killed in the attack in what was known to be a retaliatory attack against the Pokomo community by the Orma community stated the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation.
Thesaurus browser ?
- poitrine d'agneau
- poke at
- poke bonnet
- poke check
- poke fun
- poke into
- poke milkweed
- poke out
- poker alumroot
- poker chip
- poker face
- poker game
- poker hand
- poker heuchera
- poker plant
- pokeweed family
- Polanisia dodecandra
- Polanisia graveolens
- polar bear
- polar body
- polar circle
- polar coordinate
- polar front
- polar glacier
- polar hare
- polar opposition
- polar region
- polar star
- polar zone
Full browser ?
- poking one's nose into something
- poking our bib in
- poking our nose in
- poking our nose in something
- poking our nose into something
- poking our noses in
- poking our noses in something
- poking our noses into something
- poking the borax at her
- poking the borax at him
- poking the borax at me
- poking the borax at one
- poking the borax at someone
- poking the borax at them
- poking the borax at us
- poking the borax at you
- poking their bib in
- poking their nose in
- poking their nose in something
- poking their nose into something
- poking their noses in
- poking their noses in something
- poking their noses into something
- poking your bib in
- poking your nose in
- poking your nose in something
- poking your nose into something
- Pokja Wartawan Lingkungan Hidup
- Pokoje Do Wynajecia Rabka Zdroj
- Pokon Virnyi
- Pokorny, Jan Hird
- Pokorny, Julius
- Pokorny, Karel
- Pokorný, Karel
- Pokrass brothers
- Pokret Za Novu Srbiju
- Pokrov on the Nerl, Church of
- Pokrovskaia, Irina
- Pokrovskaia, Irina Mitrofanovna
- Pokrovskii Convent
- Pokrovskii, Aleksandr
- Pokrovskii, Aleksandr Petrovich
- Pokrovskii, Boris
- Pokrovskii, Boris Aleksandrovich
- Pokrovskii, Georgii
- Pokrovskii, Georgii Iosifovich
- Pokrovskii, Igor
- Pokrovskii, Igor Aleksandrovich
- Pokrovskii, Mikhail
- Pokrovskii, Mikhail Mikhailovich
- Pokrovskii, Mikhail Nikolaevich
- Pokrovskii, Nikolai
- Pokrovskii, Nikolai Aleksandrovich
- Pokrovskii, Vladimir