References in classic literature ?
I have others here who will do me honour, and above all Jove, the lord of counsel.
Then she went back to Olympus among the other gods, and to the house of aegis-bearing Jove.
Therefore, Agamemnon, though you be strong, take not this girl away, for the sons of the Achaeans have already given her to Achilles; and you, Achilles, strive not further with the king, for no man who by the grace of Jove wields a sceptre has like honour with Agamemnon.
He raised his hands in prayer to his immortal mother, "Mother," he cried, "you bore me doomed to live but for a little season; surely Jove, who thunders from Olympus, might have made that little glorious.
Go to Olympus, and if you have ever done him service in word or deed, implore the aid of Jove.
For Jove went yesterday to Oceanus, to a feast among the Ethiopians, and the other gods went with him.
Now after twelve days the immortal gods came back in a body to Olympus, and Jove led the way.
Father Jove, if I ever did you service in word or deed among the immortals, hear my prayer, and do honour to my son, whose life is to be cut short so early.
At this Jove was much troubled and answered, "I shall have trouble if you set me quarrelling with Juno, for she will provoke me with her taunting speeches; even now she is always railing at me before the other gods and accusing me of giving aid to the Trojans.
Wife," said Jove, "I can do nothing but you suspect me and find it out.
But the heavenly beings were disquieted throughout the house of Jove, till the cunning workman Vulcan began to try and pacify his mother Juno.
I love you dearly, and should be very sorry to see you get a thrashing; however grieved I might be, I could not help, for there is no standing against Jove.
Then send him away," said Mercury, "or Jove will be angry with you and punish you".
How black is Jove making heaven with his clouds, and what a sea the winds are raising from every quarter at once.
Ulysses' heart now began to fail him, and he said despairingly to himself, "Alas, Jove has let me see land after swimming so far that I had given up all hope, but I can find no landing place, for the coast is rocky and surf-beaten, the rocks are smooth and rise sheer from the sea, with deep water close under them so that I cannot climb out for want of foot hold.
Thesaurus browser ?
- joss stick
- jot down
- journal bearing
- journal box
- journalist's privilege
- journey cake
- Jovian planet
- Joyce Carol Oates
- Juan Carlos
- Juan Carlos Victor Maria de Borbon y Borbon
Full browser ?
- Jouvay Popular Theatre Process
- Jouve, Pierre Jean
- Jouve-Cerebrals Test of Induction
- Jouvenel, Henry de
- Jouvenet, Jean Baptiste
- Jouvet, Louis
- Jouw Wereld Mijn Wereld
- Jouyssance des Instruments
- Jovan Cvijic
- Jovan Damjanic
- Jovan Ducic
- Jovan Ilic
- Jovan Popovic
- Jovan Radonic
- Jovan Rajic
- Jovan Ristic
- Jovan Zmaj
- Jovanovic, Slobodan
- Jovanovich, William
- Jove Orquestra Nacional
- Jovellanos, Gaspar Melchor de
- Joven Aunque Sobradamente Profesional
- Joven Orquesta Nacional De Espana
- Jóvenes Adultos Frater
- Jovenes Agustinos Recoletos Profesionales
- Jóvenes Con Aptitudes Sobresalientes de México
- Jovenes Contra La Corriente
- Jóvenes Contra La Violencia
- Jovenes por un Mundo Unido
- Jóvenes sin Censura
- Jovenes Universitarios Salesianos
- Jovens Autarcas Social Democratas
- Jovens Repórteres para o Ambiente
- Joventut Nacionalista de Catalunya
- Joventuts d'Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya
- Joves Agricultors i Ramaders de Catalunya
- Joves Per l'Alliberament Lesbià i Gai
- Jovi Deo Magno
- Jovi Optimo Maximo
- JOVIAL Compiler Validation System
- JOVIAL Computer Implementation Tool
- JOVIAL J3
- JOVIAL J3
- JOVIAL J3