2) Christopher Stray, introduction to Gilbert Murray Reassessed: Hellenism, Theatre, and International Politics, ed.
3) See James Morwood, "Gilbert Murray's Translations of Greek Tragedy" in Gilbert Murray Reassessed, 133-44, and Fiona Macintosh, "From the Court to the National: The Theatrical Legacy of Gilbert Murray's Bacchae" in Gilbert Murray Reassessed, 145-65.
Gilbert Murray (London: Allen & Unwin, 1905), 5.
2) James Morwood, "Gilbert Murray's Translations of Greek Tragedy," in Gilbert Murray Reassessed: Hellenism, Theatre, and International Politics, ed.
Murray asserts that Liberals and Conservatives hold similar ideals: see his "National Ideals: Conscious and Unconscious," in Gilbert Murray, Essays and Addresses (London: Allen & Unwin, 1921), 160-82 (171-73).
5) Gilbert Murray, "The Bacchae in Relation to Certain Currents of Thought in the Fifth Century" in Essays and Addresses, 56-87 (85).
Edith Hall and Fiona Macintosh, Greek Tragedy and the British Theatre, 1660-1914 (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005), 510-11; Duncan Wilson, Gilbert Murray OM, 1866-1957 (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1987), 201-2.
18) Martin Ceadel, "Gilbert Murray and International Politics," in Gilbert Murray Reassessed, 217-37 (224), claims that both appeared in the Oxford University Press Oxford Pamphlets series of 1914.
The bombs killed Sacramentans Hugh Scrutton in 1985 and Gilbert Murray
last year, and injured academics Charles Epstein of the University of California, San Francisco, and David Gelernter of Yale University in 1993.
Another count covers the last fatal Unabomber attack, which killed timber lobbyist Gilbert Murray
in April 1995.
When Donn Zea thinks about the Unabomber, computers and northern spotted owls, he finds a crazy logic in the blast that killed his colleague Gilbert Murray
on April 24, 1995.
The three most serious cases are the killings of Hugh Scrutton in 1985 in Sacramento, Thomas Mosser in 1994 in New Jersey and Gilbert Murray
in Sacramento in 1995.
in December 1994, and against Gilbert Murray
, a forestry association official who was killed in Sacramento in April 1995.
A third killed Gilbert Murray
, a forestry association official in Sacramento in 1995.
Indeed, from the first target, Buckley Crist, the material sciences professor at Northwestern whose name was on that first package in 1978, to the most recent of the Unabomber's victims, Gilbert Murray
, president of the California Forestry Association, who was killed last spring, all seem to have been chosen with a studied randomness.