(redirected from Environmental factor)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
  • all
  • noun
  • verb

Synonyms for factor

Synonyms for factor

one of the individual entities contributing to a whole

one of the conditions or facts attending an event and having some bearing on it

Synonyms for factor

one of two or more integers that can be exactly divided into another integer

any of the numbers (or symbols) that form a product when multiplied together

an independent variable in statistics

be a contributing factor

consider as relevant when making a decision

References in periodicals archive ?
Conduct long-term prospective epidemiologic and genetic studies of the impact of environmental factors on the development of neurodegeneration.
The Federal Vaccine Court has been compensating autism cases since 1990, making vaccines one of a small handful of environmental factors known to cause autism.
Conditions caused by more constant environmental factors produce clusters over a much longer time period.
Dr McNally said the pattern, which experts call "space-time clustering", was typical of conditions triggered by infections because those caused by more constant environmental factors like pollution produce clusters of cases in one place over a much longer time period.
Three major areas will be explored as to the cause of depression in children, including biological factors, psychological factors and environmental factors.
He said government initiatives reducing poverty and promoting healthier lifestyles have lower heart disease rates, but "we think that there may be unknown genetic, behavioural or environmental factors which make Scots more at risk of heart disease," he said.
If we are to reduce the dangerous levels of campus drinking and its consequences, colleges and surrounding communities must cooperate to reduce the numerous environmental factors that contribute to alcohol abuse.
emulsion versus solution, mixing effects, mixed processing events, potential material anisotropy), environmental factors (monotone, cyclic, mixed events, including mechanical, thermal loading, chemical environments and mixed mission profiles), crack growth properties and life estimate modeling methods.
15, 2004, the statement requires governments to assess major events--including physical damage, changes in legal or environmental factors and technological changes or obsolescence--affecting capital assets to determine whether they are impaired.
Professor Ryuzo Kawamori, a professor at Juntendo University, said, "About 80% of diabetes in Japan is caused by hereditary factors plus such environmental factors as lack of physical exercise, and the remaining 20% only by environmental factors," Kyoto reported.
The Air Force hired a private firm to examine potential effects on wildlife, water supplies and other environmental factors at the two bases if either was chosen for the unit, which would have up to 50 aircraft and 1,000 personnel.
14] and a transition that is relatively insensitive to environmental factors, the potential uncertainty for the standard is as small as 1 aHz/Hz (0.
Whether or not they develop that cancer could depend on environmental factors.
According to Robert Von Ancken, MAI, GRE, and Landauer's executive managing director, "We have already saved our clients money by incorporating environmental factors into the appraisal process.
Full browser ?