References in periodicals archive ?
Sterling edged up against the dollar on Friday, supported by broad weakness in the yen and talk of corporate flows that could spur demand for the British currency.
He describes entrepreneurial families like the Rothschilds; Jewish banks and how the Jews sustained the British currency through the wars; and their participation in the jewelry trade, clothing manufacturing, coal mining, iron production, oil exploration, chemicals, the media, the tourism industry, the food industry, the automobile industry, show business, gambling, housing development, and information technology.
A current Persian website--Asr-e Iran--nostalgically laments that while the Iranian national currency unit--the Shahi--was equal to one shilling or one-twentieth of the English pound in the 16th century, the value of today's rial is officially equal to 1/19,500 of the British currency and its free market rate as little as1/30,000.
The 70s (BBC Two, 9pm) IMAGINE a time when British currency was changed overnight; when the Internet sounded like the ravings of a madman, and you either stayed in for your favourite show or you missed it until a repeat came along.
A British currency trader who grabbed headlines for spending AED 217,000 (US $62,000) on Champagne in a Dubai nightclub has been arrested at the request of the UK's financial regulators.
With the pound under pressure, the US refused to support British currency unless our troops were pulled out.
At first, the fake notes were circulated in neutral Portugal and Spain with the double objective of raising money for the Nazi cause and creating a lack of confidence in the British currency.
For those not acquainted with gentlemanly British currency, that is pounds 37 15s before 1971, or pounds 37.
Exports of the notes, which were manufactured by British currency printer De La Rue, had previously been blocked, to comply with UN sanctions.
Whether they simply counterfeited the coins and banknotes, or reduced their value by clipping round the edge and selling the excess silver, the coiners were undermining the value and integrity of the British currency.
Allam sold all his belongings in Egypt and flew to England, where he discovered that he'd been sold fake British currency and had to start from square one.
The British currency also shed strength versus the rupee as it started the day's trading at Rs 136.
A hefty 89 per cent said they didn't exchange the money back to British currency when they got home.
A: Rands and dollars are legal currency in their own countries of course, and they can be exchanged for British currency by your bank.
She said: "Police are appealing for information after a quantity of travellers' cheques, foreign and British currency was taken from a travel agents' in Birtley.
Thesaurus browser ?
- bristly locust
- bristly oxtongue
- bristly sarsaparilla
- bristly sarsparilla
- Bristol Channel
- Britannia metal
- British Cabinet
- British capacity unit
- British capital
- British Columbia
- British Commonwealth
- British currency
- British East Africa
- British Empire
- British empiricism
- British Guiana
- British Honduras
- British House of Commons
- British House of Lords
- British Imperial System
- British Isles
- British Labour Party
- British monetary unit
- British Parliament
- British people
- British pound
- British pound sterling
- British shilling
- British system
- British thermal unit
- British Virgin Islands
- British West Africa
- British West Indies
Full browser ?
- British Contact Dermatitis Society
- British Contact Lens Association
- British Contingent
- British Contract Furnishing Association
- British Contract Manufacturers and Packers Association
- British Copyright Council
- British Correspondence Chess Association
- British Cotton Growing Association
- British Council
- British Council
- British Council
- British Council Certificate in Teaching English
- British Council for Chinese Martial Arts
- British Council for Offices
- British Council for School Environments
- British Council of Disabled People
- British Council of Organisations of Disabled People
- British Council of Protestant Christian Churches
- British Council of Shopping Centres
- British Council of Turkish Cypriot Associations
- British Country Music Association
- British Craft Trade Fair
- British Crime Survey
- British Crime Survey Comparator
- British Crop Protection Council
- British Crown
- British Crown Colony
- British Crown Green Bowling Association
- British Crystallographic Association
- British Cultural Studies
- British currency
- British Custom Car Club
- British Cycle Quest
- British Cycling Federation
- British Cyclo-Cross Association
- British Czech and Slovak Association
- British Damage Management Association
- British Dance Council
- British Darts Organisation
- British Deaf and Dumb Association
- British Deaf Association
- British Deaf Astronomical Association
- British Deaf Sports Council
- British Deaf Tennis Association
- British Decimal Stamps Study Circle
- British Decorators Association
- British Decoy Wildfowl Carvers Association
- British Deer Farmers Association
- British Defence and Aid Fund
- British Defence and Aid Fund for Southern Africa
- British Defence Doctrine
- British Defence Equipment Catalogue
- British Defence Film Library
- British Defence Intelligence Liaison Staff
- British defence secretary
- British Defence Staff Washington
- British Defense Staff
- British Deming Association
- British Democratic Party
- British Dental Association
- British Dental Health Foundation