References in periodicals archive ?
It is my responsibility to work to not only preserve but enhance the valuable literacy resource that is the Balaklava Community Library.
Our brigade lost few men in action except at Balaklava, and there in one short half hour we lost more than one-half; the five regiments comprise the brigade, but all this you have seen in the newspapers.
In Balaklava, a long column of military vehicles blocking the road to a border post bore Russian plates.
According to the list of the Most Giving Donors per Taxpayer in South Australia, Balaklava tops the list.
Butler, part of a four-strong team from Ireland competing in the 38th annual Irish-Australian Jump Jockeys series, acknowledged the crowd at Balaklava as he crossed the line on Trenchtown, half a length ahead of favourite Biancrazy in the 1m3f first leg of the competition.
The sources said the armed man, who wore a Balaklava and a pair of sunglasses, entered the Jnah branch of Byblos Bank at around 12:45 p.
People read, mostly in the London Times, of the Battle of Inkermann, fought in the dense fog, and the battle of Balaklava, a decidedly un-heroic loss later memorialized and re-formulated by Alfred Lord Tennyson's "Charge of the Light Brigade.
I retired last year from my job as Teacher-Librarian at the Balaklava Community Library after 11 years in the job.
George Balaklava Monastery open during the centuries of Crimean Tatar rule only to have it taken over by the Russians in the 1850s.
The Russian town of Balaklava was the focal point of the battle, which was later immortalised in a poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
The small brass instrument - known as the Balaklava Bugle - will be played at this year''s British Military Tournament in London.
The jacket worn by Baird seems to be a mixture of different regimental styles: ironically, despite the prevalence of 1890s fashions in a story set in the 1850s, the eponymous jacket is strongly reminiscent of uniforms of the 16th and 17th Lancers, who faced the Sikhs of the Punjab in 1846 and served at Balaklava during the Crimean War (1853-56).
The 1856 handwritten letter, sent from Balaklava General Hospital to Newcastle Emlyn in South Wales, is now at the University of Chester, which bought it for pounds 500 at auction.
The Crimean War was the first great warning of this development, when despite Allied victories at the Alma, Balaklava, and Inkerman, the Allies nearly perished on the vine in front of Sevastopol.
19) Indeed while the charge of the Light Cavalry Brigade at Balaklava generated more poetry than any other event in the war (20) (only Florence Nightingale proved as popular a subject), it also generated a peculiar set of challenges for poets of the day.
Thesaurus browser ?
- baking tray
- baking-powder biscuit
- Bakke decision
- balaclava helmet
- Balaena mysticetus
- Balaeniceps rex
- Balaenoptera acutorostrata
- Balaenoptera borealis
- Balaenoptera musculus
- Balaenoptera physalus
- balance beam
- balance of international payments
- balance of payments
- balance of power
- balance of trade
- balance sheet
- balance wheel
- balanced budget
- balanced diet
- balance-of-payments problem
- Balanus balanoides
- balas ruby
- balata tree
Full browser ?
- Balai Latihan Kerja Luar Negeri
- Balai Pemantapan Kawasan Hutan
- Balai Pembibitan Ternak Unggul
- Balai Penelitian Budidaya Pantai
- Balai Penelitian Kehutanan Samarinda
- Balai Penelitian Tanaman Padi
- Balai Pengelolaan Daerah Aliran Sungai
- Balai Pengelolaan Sumber Daya Air
- Balai Pengkajian Teknologi Pertanian
- Balai Pengobatan Haji Indonesia
- Balai Perbenihan Tanaman Hutan
- Balai Seni Lukis Negara
- Balai Sertifikasi Penguji Hasil Hutan
- Balai Sidang Jakarta Convention Center
- Balai Taman Nasional Kayan Mentarang
- Balai Taman Nasional Lore Lindu
- Balai Teknik Kesehatan Lingkungan
- Balaji Institute of Modern Management
- Balakhna Culture
- Balakhna Pulp and Paper Mill
- Balakirev Circle
- Balakirev, Mili Alekseyevich
- Balakirev, Milii
- Balakirev, Milii Alekseevich
- Balaklava Gliding Club
- Balaklava, Battle of 1854
- Balalae, Solomon Islands
- Balalaika and Domra Association of America
- Balami, Abu Ali Muhammad ibn Muhammad
- Balamuth aqueous egg yolk infusion medium
- Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Balamuthia mandrillaris infection
- Balanan Lake Development Authority