Also found in: Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
  • noun

Words related to Azeri

an ethnic group living in Azerbaijan

Related Words

References in periodicals archive ?
Since these negotiations met with little success and several ceasefires broke down, the UN Security Council adopted in 1993 four resolutions calling for Armenian forces to withdraw from the occupied Azeri regions.
Part of that may be because the Azeri opposition rarely resorts to violence.
The prospect of the EPSA expiring after 14 years could create problems for several pipeline consortiums hoping to ship Azeri gas to Europe through Turkey".
The importance of ERRVs in oilfield safety services was demonstrated by Topaz in 2008 when another such vessel in Topaz's Azeri fleet, the Baki, was put to the test.
The Azeri Press Agency and Trend news agency said three soldiers were also injured during a gun battle in the Agdam district near Karabakh.
The searing temperatures of Baku had mercifully subsided before the evening kick-off, but the heat was on them in the early stages, as Aaron Ramsey, skipper Joe Ledley and Chris Gunter were all laid low by bruising Azeri tackling.
We have made very strong representations to both the Azeri FA and the Azeri government as to why things are being held up," said FAW spokesperson Ceri Stennett.
Then, over the course of two bloody years of combat, the Armenians captured and ethnically cleansed seven additional Azeri provinces around Nagorno-Karabakh to create what they call a security zone.
Ambitious plans for Nabucco, a US- and EU-backed project that would take Azeri gas to Europe via Georgia and Turkey, bypassing and reducing reliance on Russia, are crumbling as instability scares off investors.
Oil production from the East Azeri platform in the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli field will increase to 260,000 barrels per day, starting next summer, according to Inpex which has a 10 percent stake in the ACG oil field development project led by British Petroleum plc.
started oil production from the West Azeri development, part of the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli (ACG) field, in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea on 30 December last year.
Under the Azerbaijan privatization program, Azeri citizens could use free government-issued vouchers to bid for shares of state-owned industries that were to be privatized.
Unocal Corporation today announced start-up of oil production from the Central Azeri development, part of the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli (ACG) field, in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea.
Azeri (179 votes) beat out Sightseek (91) to be the top female 4-and-up for the third year in a row, the 2002 Horse of the Year sealing the first threepeat in any Eclipse category since Forego's 1974-77 older-male titles.
1 The population is 90% ethnic Azeri, with Dagestanis, Russians, Armenians, Jews and other groups making up the remaining 10%.