Africa

(redirected from Africo)
Also found in: Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Africo: African American
  • noun

Words related to Africa

the second largest continent

Related Words

References in periodicals archive ?
The Africo and Comide assets are expected to be able to support production of 45 kt per annum of contained copper and 6 kt per annum of contained cobalt, subject to completion of the required feasibility studies.
Says Tony Harwood, President and CEO of Africo Resources, "The decision of IFC to proceed with the private placement, is an indication of progress the Government of the DRC is making to improve the investment climate in the mining sector of the DRC.
Akam has claimed through the Lubumbashi Courts that it acquired a 75% shareholding in Swanmines Sprl in a public sale in execution against Africo in December 2006, and recently wrote to the Justice Minister arguing its case.
Africo has now requested that MDM complete a review and cost update for the BFS and the Front End Engineering Design (FEED) that was previously completed.
Swanmines") in which Africo holds a 75% interest and Gecamines, the remaining 25%.
Africo has concluded and signed the amendment agreement to the "Contrat De Creation de Societe Swanmines" (the agreement for the creation of Swanmines).
We are pleased with the development initiatives we have implemented to date and working with the Ministry of Social Affairs will ensure that Africo and Swanmines have a significant and positive impact on the development of the DRC.
Kilumanga and CEO Tony Harwood agreed that Wheelchairs for Kids has given Africo some of its most satisfying moments.
7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Africo Resources Ltd (TSX:ARL) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr.
TORONTO, May 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Africo Resources Ltd (TSX:ARL) announces that it has rescheduled its Annual General and Special Meeting to Thursday June 12, 2008.
TORONTO -- Further to the news release dated August 2, 2007, Africo Resources Ltd ("Africo") has been advised of the outcome of the public hearing that took place on Friday August 10, 2007 at the Supreme Court of Justice in Kinshasa, at which the judgement in the action against the three judges of the Tribunal de Grande Instance de Lubumbashi for judicial misconduct was considered.
TORONTO, March 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Further to Africo's announcement dated February 7, 2008, which indicated that Africo's subsidiary, H & J Swanepoel Famille Trust sprl ("H & J"), had made an application to transfer the jurisdiction of the cases from the Court in Lubumbashi, Africo is pleased to report that it has been informed that the Supreme Court of Justice in Kinshasa/Gombe has ruled that all of the pending appeals that were filed by Africo and by H & J in respect of: i) the judgement as against Africo in favour of Mr.
TORONTO -- Further to the news release dated 16 July 2007, Africo Resources has been advised that the public hearing took place on Friday 27th July 2007 at the Supreme Court of Justice in Kinshasa, at which the action against the three judges of the Tribunal de Grande Instance de Lubumbashi was pled.
TORONTO -- Africo Resources (TSX:ARL) is pleased to announce that it has agreed to a financing proposal from the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, to support the development of the company's Kalukundi project and related infrastructure.
TORONTO -- Further to the news release dated 10 July 2007, Africo Resources has been advised that the three Lubumbashi judges who are subject to proceedings under the authority of the Presiding Judge of the Supreme Court of Justice of the DRC have now been notified that the Supreme Court has set the date of their appearance for 27th July 2007.