References in periodicals archive ?
Chenhall, Richard 2007 Benelong's Haven: Recovery from alcohol and drug use within an Aboriginal Australian residential treatment centre, Melbourne University Press, Carlton, Vic.
Abbott's comments came Tuesday as he voiced support for a plan to shut down over 100 Aboriginal communities and relocate some 1,000 Aboriginal Australians closer to more populated areas with more accessible public services.
The rise of a commercial market for works of art made by Aboriginal Australians has increasingly been recognised in recent years.
Contemporary Aboriginal Australian painters began painting in the early 1970s in the Central and Western Desert regions.
It is in response to this context and these stereotypes that many Aboriginal Australian texts have emerged; evidenced in the works of Jack Davis, Oodgeroo Noonuccal, Lionel Fogarty, Mudrooroo, Archie Roach, Ruby Langford-Ginibi, Sally Morgan, Tara June Winch, Kim Scott, and Alexis Wright, to name but a few.
MOTHER TONGUE tells the story of four very different linguists--a pretentious American professor who works with a new language every year; an Aboriginal Australian who is one of the few remaining speakers of her heritage language; a Celtic professor who has been unable to pass her heritage language on to her own children; and a young, gay Polynesian language activist--competing for a $1.
1968- Lionel Rose becomes the first Aboriginal Australian of the Year.
A white Australian, Trish McDonald-Harrison, spoke alongside an Aboriginal Australian.
Beyond Dreamtime: The Life and Love of the Aboriginal Australian.
Also, a boomerang is an Aboriginal Australian artefact, and like the North American Indians, the Aboriginal people in Australia have become very sensitive about the use of their artefacts as icons without the appropriate consultation.
This path encompasses the nature religions of primary peoples everywhere and the revival of various forms of earth goddess worship -- thus the attraction of Native American and Aboriginal Australian rites of passage and views of the sacred.
the natives at a corrobory [an Aboriginal Australian dance], under the wild woods of the country--to give an idea of the manner they enjoyed themselves before being disturbed by the white people .
From Moroccan and Aboriginal Australian to African, Americana and Native American, these suits are full of fun and cultural pride.
Australian tennis player Evonne Goolagong Cawley, 50: Born into the only Aboriginal family in the small township of Ballena, New South Wales, Evonne became one of the great tennis players of the modern era and the first female Aboriginal Australian to achieve major sporting success.
Her name is Cathy Freeman, athlete and Aboriginal Australian.
Thesaurus browser ?
- ABO blood group system
- ABO group
- ABO system
- abominable snowman
- Aboriginal Australian
- abortion pill
- abortion-inducing drug
- abound in
- about turn
- above all
- above board
Full browser ?
- Aboriginal AIDS Service Organizations
- Aboriginal and Islander Career Aspirations Program
- Aboriginal and Islander Child Care Agency
- Aboriginal and Islander Community Health Service
- Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer
- Aboriginal and Islander Health Worker Journal
- Aboriginal and Islander Independent Community School
- Aboriginal and Islander Medical Support Services
- Aboriginal and Islander Support Unit
- Aboriginal and Islander Teacher Education Program
- Aboriginal and Northern Climate Change Program
- Aboriginal and Northern Community Action Program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Advisory Committee
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Policy
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Family Mediation Program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workforce Working Group
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Library Resource Network
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Performing Arts
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Justice Commissioner
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Heritage Protection Act
- Aboriginal Aquatic Resources and Ocean Management
- Aboriginal Areas Protection Authority
- Aboriginal Australian
- Aboriginal Benefits Account
- Aboriginal Body art
- Aboriginal Business Canada
- Aboriginal Business Development Fund
- Aboriginal Business Development Initiative
- Aboriginal Business Development Program
- Aboriginal Business Hall of Fame
- Aboriginal Business Link Program
- Aboriginal Business Service Network
- Aboriginal Canada Portal
- Aboriginal Capacity and Developmental Research Environments
- Aboriginal Cattle
- Aboriginal Centre for the Performing Arts
- Aboriginal Centre of Winnipeg, Inc.
- Aboriginal Child, Family and Community Care State Secretariat
- Aboriginal Child, Youth and Family Strategy
- Aboriginal Children's Advancement Society
- Aboriginal Christian Training Services
- Aboriginal Communities Strategic Investment Program
- Aboriginal Community Capital Grants Program
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services
- Aboriginal Community Justice Groups
- Aboriginal Community Liaison Officer
- Aboriginal Community Police Officers
- Aboriginal Contract Guarantee Instrument
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Act
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management Plan
- Aboriginal Dance Theatre Redfern
- Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Council